Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I am going nuts here. I THINK my Bullitt is leaning (lower) on the passenger side. BUT I am not sure. I can tell u it is driving me nuts.

I have gone as far as measuring up from the ground to common points on both sides (ie. seams in the body, etc). Measuring indicated that the right side is about 1/4" lower front and back, but this may be normal?? I mean, would something as simple as level of fuel in the tank cause this? Also, here in SoCal, the roads are convex to allow water runoff but I have never noticed it this pronounced. The car FEELS like it leans more than 1/4" and it feels like it is more in the front than the back. Could I have bent something in the suspension taking a dip too hard or something?? Or maybe it is something normal that I am noticing only now and obsessing over.

I just don't want to give it to the dealer for this because I don't trust them enough not to f it up. But I personally don't know enough to identify a prob IF there really is one.

Like I say, I know it sounds crazy but it is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Try a search in some of the earlier posts about this problem it was identified by a few of the first Bullit owners.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I remember someone found a right rear coil spring wasn't seated properly, causing his to lean. I'd look there first.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-06 12:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas...found it...I have no doubt the spring is the issue...it p*sses me off that I have to go without the car at somepoint though while this gets fixed!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think you're going to be lucky if you get a fix. Mine leans to driver's side and my fat butt doesn't help! Springs are properly seated and the fix for me is not in sight. I think if we all measured our Bullitts, we'd find that many are not quite level. All of the SN95s have been prone to this, particularly the driver's side lean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2001 Gt was 3/8" Lower on right front; 1/4" right rear.
My Bullitt is 1/4" lower left front; 1/4" lower right rear.
My wife's BMW is 1/4" lower on right side.

Try not to worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts