Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best product to care for those supple leather seats? I saw a leather care spray by ArmorAll, but don't know if it would be best. Back in the day, my sister and I were big on "saddle soap" and "mink oil" for our horse saddles. Tips?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Over the years I have used many products on my seats. My choice for the last few y ears is Leather Care from Griot's Garage. It does a very good job on the stang, my daily driver and my wife's daily driver.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've used Armorall Leather Wipes on my seats strictly for convenience sake. The only complaint I have is that it makes the seats slippery, but they seem to be fine for looks and protection.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
texasbullitt said:
MEQUIARS GOLD CLASS LEATHER TREATMENT AND WIPES
Guess I'll buy one of each of the above and see what works best, though my gut says go with the Mequiar's. Kind of like, PayLess, ThomMcAn, HushPuppies or Florsheim, if you get my drift.:lol:

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
Mequires. Meguires, however you spell it has in a black bottle a leather cleaner conditioner that works really well.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Guess I'll buy one of each of the above and see what works best, though my gut says go with the Mequiar's. Kind of like, PayLess, ThomMcAn, HushPuppies or Florsheim, if you get my drift.:lol:
yep, those are very popular

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Frankenstang said:
Mequires. Meguires, however you spell it has in a black bottle a leather cleaner conditioner that works really well.
I bought a bottle of the Meguire's conditioner, but before I could use it I spotted the Meguire's "wipes" and bought some of those. I am not so impressed with them, and am now hesitant to use the liquid - on the tan leather interior of Jeanie's Sebring convert, it started rubbing-away the pigmentation - a problem I've never had with any other product. It also REALLY revealed any surface-imperfections on the leather - made it look cracked, and blackened the "meat" of the leather beneath it.

On the Bullitt (we were cleaning both cars at the same time, or I wouldn't have continued using them) it made the seats look like they had a "glaze" on them - and made them slick and "squeak" as you move-around on them.

I don't think there was any permanent damage, but I'm not gonna use the Meguire's "wipes" any more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have used Lexol in the past and loved it. I am thinking of trying Spinneyback this time around.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I agree Lexol is very good! If I had not tried the Zaino I would have kept using the Lexol. I found that it is a little hard to find sometimes. Since I have to order Zaino, (for the exterior) I order their leather in a bottle at the same time. It also returns that FRESH leather smell.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I like two very fine products:

Collinite #855 Leather and Vinyl Treatment

And

Lexol

Lexol has a host of different leather products. Cleaner, conditioner, protectant, etc. Their product s come in various forms, spray bottle and wipes.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I agree Lexol is very good! If I had not tried the Zaino I would have kept using the Lexol. I found that it is a little hard to find sometimes. Since I have to order Zaino, (for the exterior) I order their leather in a bottle at the same time. It also returns that FRESH leather smell.
Any place that has saddles should have Lexol. Or is it the Zaino that's hard to find?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.