Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just put on some Lexol this morning myself, and the seats did suck it up. Didn't want to use too much so I just went with two coats and then wiped according to the directions. It seemed to want more.

Got this little bit of info from the owner of a 78 Ferrari GT308 this evening. He's tried Lexol, McGuires, and something else he couldn't remember the name of. He didn't like the Lexol, thought it left the leather kinda greasy feeling. He said go with Zaino leather conditioner, best stuff he's ever used. I saw the seats. Zaino will be my choice, too. Sure do hate to put aside that big bottle of Lexol I just bought, though....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
This is my first set of Leather seats, and I didn't put McGuires on these, just the Lexol. I did use McGuires on the leather wrapped steering wheel in my 98 V6. Kept the leather clean and soft. Plus, it has that English Leather smell to it.....

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have tried the leather conditioner from Griots Garage. Seemed to work well, didn't leave a greasy residue and it smells like leather too. The seats sucke it up so I'll give them another bathing in another couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try zainobros.com they have a leather cleaner and condtioner. They are know for making top quality waxes and such for people who prep their cars for shows and such. I looked into and they are reasonably priced to. Most people rave about their wax products so I would imagine their leather conditioner is pretty good stuff.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have been using the Zaino stuff for about 3-4 years and it works just fantastic! Love that smell after you put it on the seats.

Even though, you love to sit in those fantastic seats, I am going to put a nylon shell over the drivers side. It gets hot in the summer, I play a lot of hockey (yes..even in the summer!) and thus I sweat a lot more. Don't want to be cleaning it up after every week.

Paul G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts