Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the leather seats in all mustangs very low quality. I dont know a lot about leather, but a family friend got a bmw and the leather felt different. Is the perforated part of the seat leather or vinyl. I know the piece before the porforated section is leather because it is forming crease marks from me going in and out of the car. Is this normal. I may of asked this before. I dont remember. I have a bad memory.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Most Mustang leather in the SN95's looks like crap to me if the owner does not take care of it. I think the most important thing to do to leather is keep it clean. All leather will crease and wear to the shape and entry and exit habits of it's users. In the Bullitt most of the seating area is vinyl. A very good quality vinyl from what I can tell. The fact that the seats are trimmed in leather makes the interior smell good and adds a little class and expense to the car. If you eventually wear out a leather area and need to replace a section it's not going to cost an arm and a leg because each section is relatively small.

I had a Mercedes C230 Kompressor for a small period of time, It had full leather through out the entire car, not the MB tex (vinyl) that is on a lot of the C class Mercedes. The Mercedes quality leather was the best I have ever owned. I did not keep the car very long because my Muscle car roots started pulling me toward V8 power. I think the worst leather in the industry is what GM was putting in the Tahoes and Pickups from 95 to 99. Everyone of them I have seen has been cracked and worn out in one place or another.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The seats are vinyl with leather inserts. The part where your butt and back are is leather the rest in vinyl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts