Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone had replaced their shift boot or were planning to...
replacement suggestions?
THANKS

·
Registered
543 Posts
I noticed my boot is not standing up to wear to well. Just open up the wrinkles and see the cracking for yourself. I suspect I will be needing a replacement in another year.

John

·
Registered
203 Posts
I want to replace mine but have yet to find a replacement. Ford wants $70.00 for it, and I am not so sure it will work in our Bullitts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't you mean vinyl shift boot. This thing is not leather it is vinyl coated cloth. You can get the same cloth at any fabric store and have someone sew you a new one for cheap I suppose.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-20 00:18, BLKBLIT wrote:
Don't you mean vinyl shift boot. This thing is not leather it is vinyl coated cloth.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

NO I MEAN LEATHER.....I don't care for the vinyl boot and wanted to upgrade. Have searched the net but not sure and wondered if anyone else had done it yet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My shift boot is still good as new but the boot around my emergency brake is shot to hell. anybody with that problem? can I get those at the same place Karl??

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
My parking brake handle was all to crap- before I bought the thing. The dealer realigned the handle and installed a new boot for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cobra's have leather shift boots and park brake boots. Try your local Ford dealer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt5172 on 2002-02-22 23:55 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts