Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out my GREEN LED’s. Once I figured out how to get the lens cover off it was a breeze!

Not quite as bright as I had hoped, but still pretty cool. The picture does not do it justice.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
OK now that's cool!

I considered getting the the brighter white LEDs. But I really like the green - but would be worried that they wouldn't be bright enough when I'm looking for something in the glove box or center console at night.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
IE8Z28 said:
Check out my GREEN LED’s. Once I figured out how to get the lens cover off it was a breeze!

cool, looks like something from Area 51

where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Kinda cool, but can you actually see anything when they are on?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, you can read my dash plaque can't you?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are bright enough for me. I don’t do any reading while I’m driving! LOL.

I took the picture in a completely dark garage with only my dash cluster lit. It is bright enough to see by but I wouldn’t want to try to read a map or a novel. I have a small LED flashlight in mu center console if I need more light.

This is where I got mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ryZ33713QQihZ016QQitemZ260202892863QQtcZphoto

Pretty easy.
1. Pop off dome light housing.
2. Disconnect wiring harness
3. Take housing to workbench and lay housing down with the clear lenses facing up.
• There are three tabs on the clear lenses, one big and two smaller.
• With a small flat head screwdriver, pry on one of the smaller tabs and work your way around to the other smaller tab and work it till they pop out.
4. If you can pull the bulb out from the front fine, but I have big fingers so I pulled it out from the backside then reinserted the plug minus the bulb and inserted the bulb from the front because it is too big to go in the back, you’ll see.
5. Pop the clear lens in and repeat for the other side.
6. DONE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts