Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my eyes on a pretty green Bullitt in my area but there's just one problem, I don't fit. I went to the dealership that had it and took a seat in the car and to my surprise there wasn't enough leg room in the car for me to fit comfortably at all. I'm 6'2, no giant, and I had a lot of trouble getting in to the car. I tried adjusting the seat and so did the car salesmen but with no luck. Is it just me or does the standard Mustang GT have more leg room than a Bullitt? Has anyone else noticed this? If so, is there anyway to adjust or modify the seat to get more leg room? I'd hate to not be able to buy this car because I didn't fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 6'8" so I feel your pain (so to speak). I tried GT's Cobras and Bullitts and they all seem the same to me. (I went with the bullitt.)

·
Registered
937 Posts
That was a good article. I don't really need the extra leg room, being that I am 5'10" but I want mine to slide back further. I'm on it and will post pics when I get done.

1,169 Posts
your not much bigger then me.I'm 6' getting in and out is not all that bad.I was very suprised how good i felt behind the wheel, i have just enough room. BUT i ran the car at the track with a helmet that was not good my head hit the roof. :-B

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm 6'4 and have lower back pain and leg cramps from the lack of room. But I'm getting use to it. Just the neck pain from getting in the car is bothering me. Have to go in head first. I already took the seat out and the tracks are made differently then the MustangWorld Article so I don't think it will work, at least not for me. There is a company that sells extenders for the seat track, but have called them several times and keep getting a answering machine - Interactive Systems & Technologies http://www.mass-air.com/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ah, the Brotherhood of Insanely Tall Bullitt Owners (BITBO) is formed... :cool:

At 6'5", I'm right there with you all. I have learned over the years that "falling" into the car works well. I put my right foot in, shake it all about, plop my butt diagonally into the seat, and do the hokey pokey to get confortable. It works, really it does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2001-09-24 09:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-24 09:55, Micah wrote:
I put my right foot in, shake it all about, plop my butt diagonally into the seat, and do the hokey pokey to get confortable. It works, really it does.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what it's all about :wink: Seriously, I feel for you tall guys. At 5'5" the car feels like it was made for someone about my size. Not tons of headroom for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts