Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick comment about the MIL ELiminators. I had purchased a MAC Prochamber a while back to install on the Bullitt and needed the MIL's to go along with it. Being that the MIL Eliminator is a simple resistive/capacitive circuit I opted to go the cheaper route with these. I found some online that I paid only like 15 bucks a piece for.
Well, needless to say, either one or both of them did not work and the MIL light came on. I am positive I installed both of them correctly and had them wrapped very well with heat shrink, electrical tape and scotchkote for water resistance. They worked for about the first three days I had them on and then the MIL light came on.
I ended up buying the Steeda MILs and installed them and have not had any problems since. I guess the lesson learned on this one was, don't skimp, you get what you pay for!! I'm sure there are some of you that have gone the original route I went and had no problems but I won't be skimmping on the parts again:wink:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
sounds to be like they never worked. Many people, including my moms 98GT, drove around for a while before they trip :D Then for some people they trip on the first drive... just depends.

Steeda is definitely the way to go. Hear nothing but good things from them. I believe the set I have the previous owner purchased, is Steeda. Got about 50k miles on them now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
get it tuned and dont worry about the mil eliminators... but yeah they most likey justnever worked because i drove around for about a week before they tripped when i did my bassani x

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I had mine for about a month each time and they melted, so I assume they worked for a while and then shorted out. It took me two times to buy the Steeda's because the guy told me oh it's just that set, send them back and I'll send you another set. So I paid ahipping twice, plus the original cost, so it would've been cheaper to just buy Steeda's. Especially since I bought them anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the same thing trying to skimp and they didnt work so then i bought the plug and play mil's and havent had a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I used the ones you solder in. I can't remember who I bought them from, but it was one of the people everyone talked about on Modular Depot. I never had a bit of trouble out of them. My buddy Al, on the other hand, had the PnP BBK's and they had to be replaced after being on just a short while.

Edit: I think mine were from Pony Express. They were way more expensive than the ones I am seeing on ebay.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ive had Steeda's on since end of Feb. with no problems. 5 months is not a real long time but from what I'm reading sounds better than the bargain brands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts