Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Road Trip ... Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show

June 14, will be held at Boys Republic a private nonprofit school for troubled youth.
McQueen was a resident of the school as a boy and a strong supporter of it later in life.

http://www.mcqueenonline.com/thefriendsofstevemcqueencarshow.htm

Talked to Porsche 356 Club they are putting together this event:

Day of show registration to enter our BULLITTs.
Yes we can park together & please bring a imboc BULLITT banner to display.
* Chad McQueen my or may not be there but if he is, they will ask him to sign our BULLITTs.

OK DHG 1005 will make the road trip who will join him ?

Yes ... BULLITT 207 aka Alex
Yes ... socalblue aka Chris
Yes ... bullitt 1067 aka
Yes ... bullitt 2270 aka
Yes ... SBBullitt aka Rich
Yes ... marichardson aka Mike
Yes ... DCLMustang aka Casey
Yes ... fcastle aka Paul
Yes ... Pronkie1 aka Frank & Kim

? ....... Mustang 3 aka David
? ....... DHG#1078 aka Kevin
? ....... BC aka Brian
? ....... 1968 medic aka Mike

DNF .... OGBATMAN aka Marcus

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,297 Posts
Wis it was closer for us. Sounds like a good time. Chad McQueen will even be there! Here is some info and location:

Come on Bullittheads! Pull together and make a showing to support our Icon Steve McQueen!
*************************************************************************************
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width=970 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show - Saturday June 14th

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width=970 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>Steve's son Chad driving Steve's 1963 Ferrari 250 Lusso.
</TD><TD align=left>This coming Saturday June 14 the Porsche 356 Club will host "The Friends of Steve McQueen Car Show." Steve McQueen's well known passion for a wide variety of cars and motorcycles will be honored in this show, the proceeds of which are to benefit the Boys Republic, which Steve himself attended as a youth.

On display will be a wide range of classic cars and bikes, including several vehicles owned by Steve himself. There will also be a fly over featuring Steve's PT-17 Stearman airplane (the plane Steve learnt to fly in).

Steve's son Chad will be present at the event, and another special guest, Matt Stone, Executive Editor of Motor Trend and author of McQueen's Machines: The Cars and Bikes of a Hollywood Icon, will be doing a book signing between 10.30am and noon.

The event will be held on the grounds of Boys Republic: 3493 Grand Ave, Chino Hills, CA 91709</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'll try and see if I can get down there for the weekend--should be a great time..

·
Registered
197 Posts
I should be able to make it. My schedule looks open for that weekend(and it helps that the show is about 10 minutes from my house). I know we have got some Chino and Corona Bullittheads out there so lets see em!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm down as long as nothing else breaks...:lol:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I will See what I can do!!!! That would be cool!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll see if I can make it, sounds good. I have to get the Bullitt started.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
SBBullitt said:
I'll see if I can make it, sounds good. I have to get the Bullitt started.
Let us know why 1101 would not start, They are usually so trouble free. I hope it is a quick simple cheap repair.

Casey
DCLMustang

7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
circle the BULLITTs boys !

DCLMustang aka Casey, are you going to make the Steve McQueen BULLITT gatering ?

on your six ... DHG 1005

7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
we need to show our love for Steve !

OK ... I'm going to email the 'Friends of Steve McQueen' first of next week and let them know to expect about

9 BULLITTHEADS.

Any one have a BULLITT / imboc banner ? if so bring it !

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
745 Posts
Great job Michael. I'm off this weekend to Washington DC. I'll be back in 2 weeks..if things go right upon my return I hopefully can make the run down from Sacramento.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll be focusing on getting the Bullitt up ang going this next week. I need a road trip so count me in......

7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
need aka

Anyone out there know aka / frist name of Bullitt 1067 & 2270 ?

just for the records and mug shot if necessary.

on your six .. DHG 1005

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Have BULLITT will travel said:
DCLMustang aka Casey, are you going to make the Steve McQueen BULLITT gatering ?

on your six ... DHG 1005

I plan on going and staying a few hours then head back. If a group going to meet and drive down from the Ventura, T.O. Simi areas post a meeting spot and time.

Casey
DCLMustang

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Don't think we can make this....In-laws are coming in town that weekend....If they cancel, then we can make it....Have fun and keep showing the Bullitt spirit........

1 - 20 of 78 Posts