Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1231 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
12,987 Posts
Jim, I would go to the TOP on this. I know you called (did you talk to the store manager?) but try e-mailing corporate or calling them. That is what I do when I get into a situation like that and it usually works. Usually...... They should have said something at the checkout or printed it on the receipt that there is a no turn/refund during this pandemic. :mad:

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,120 Posts
Jim, I would go to the TOP on this. I know you called (did you talk to the store manager?) but try e-mailing corporate or calling them. That is what I do when I get into a situation like that and it usually works. Usually...... They should have said something at the checkout or printed it on the receipt that there is a no turn/refund during this pandemic. :mad:
I sort of DID go to the "top." I wrote my complaint to PetSmart Corporate Headquarters and it has the location and number of my store. Soooo, I'm sure I'll hear back from them and I'm sure the manager of that place will get an earful. Might not have been his fault, though. Could just as easily been Beevis or Butthead working for him. "Heh, heh, Hey Beevis, let's put this messed up leash back on the shelf!" "Hee-hee, yeah Butthead, and here's an empty container for the better one. We'll stick it in it!"

Huh, huh, you said 'stick it in it.'"

·
37,120 Posts
Working for Safeway, you learned a few tricks, eh? ;)

Jimbob, hope the response is a package containing the proper leash...
I'm not going to wait for that. The old Flexi leash is on its last legs, but I had to press it back into service. The ribbon is threadbare and ready to break at any moment. So, I am going to order the right one online, then when they return to normal I'll return the Beevis & Butthead one for a cash refund.

I think you're better off just ordering stuff like that from these places' websites, anyway. They tack on at least $10 to every item when you buy it in the store, but if you whip out your smartphone and show them the lower price on their website, they grudgingly honor the lower price. What a world we live it!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I sort of DID go to the "top." I wrote my complaint to PetSmart Corporate Headquarters and it has the location and number of my store. Soooo, I'm sure I'll hear back from them and I'm sure the manager of that place will get an earful. Might not have been his fault, though. Could just as easily been Beevis or Butthead working for him. "Heh, heh, Hey Beevis, let's put this messed up leash back on the shelf!" "Hee-hee, yeah Butthead, and here's an empty container for the better one. We'll stick it in it!"

Huh, huh, you said 'stick it in it.'"
Now there's an opening. But no, I'm not gonna go there.

·
37,120 Posts
PETSMART UPDATE:

Well, they answered me. Seems there's an "exception" to their fascist no-return rule, that being if the product is "defective." Which my leash is. Which begs the question, why in the wide, wide world of sports was this associate not familiarized with the details of the policy? It's enough to make a grown man eat fried chicken on Sunday. Also, take note how they conveniently completely ignored the issue of how the store had put a defective (returned, no doubt) Great Choice leash into a Flexi box to re-sell. No mention of that caper. Hmmm...

Sooooo, I guess at least I can go get my money back now. Remember all this next time you're tempted to go to PetSmart for things for your pet! :rolleyes:

That is all.

·
37,120 Posts
ANOTHER DOG LEASH UPDATE:

Had some good news today. The new Flexi retractable dog leash I ordered arrived 3 days early. It is a fine new leash and I noticed the improvements that have been made. Adjustable grip (for Pearl's smaller hands), stronger leash ribbon, newly designed "stop" and "lock/unlock" buttons that are very easy to operate, soft grip handle, handsome 2-tone color and fast, smooth action. I'm a happy camper! (And here you all thought I was a grump all the time).

I went to the Amazon ad from which I made the purchase and began reading some of the reviews. Most all were positive, but I guess there are some people that are never satisfied. Sooooo, I wrote my own review. Proof that even Jimbob has good days.

Casey's new leash (he gave it the sniff test and it passed)

:surprise: NOTE: There was one thing that caused me to have a moment of grump. The ribbon is not black as shown. It is light gray and will surely show every bit of dirt and crud that Casey can conjure up. Oh well... If everything was perfect I'd think I died and went to Heaven.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
12,987 Posts
There was one thing that caused me to have a moment of grump. The ribbon is not black as shown. It is light gray and will surely show every bit of dirt and crud that Casey can conjure up. Oh well... If everything was perfect I'd think I died and went to Heaven.
You are right on that Jim!

Lovely leash, BTW. I am glad it all turned out. Not so in the case of ordering a purse on-line for me. I am just giving up even though it was an $80.00 bag. :(

·
37,120 Posts
You are right on that Jim!

Lovely leash, BTW. I am glad it all turned out. Not so in the case of ordering a purse on-line for me. I am just giving up even though it was an $80.00 bag. :(
$80? Sheesh, if I had that much money I'd carry it in a paper sack. :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
Glad to hear the leash saga has ended...All things considered, as good as one could hope for, eh?

What can I say about the $80 bag? Not much...other than sorry, girl. For some items, I guess being able to be hands on at a real store is best?

1121 - 1140 of 1231 Posts