Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1245 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,277 Posts
10:00 a.m. Let the Casey countdown begin. We depart in about 1/2 hr. Oh Lord, grant us the serenity to survive the ordeal of which we are about to embark.

Reactions: FarmerDon

·
Registered
106 Posts
10:00 a.m. Let the Casey countdown begin. We depart in about 1/2 hr. Oh Lord, grant us the serenity to survive the ordeal of which we are about to embark.

I am prying for you all!!

Reactions: Jimbob

·
37,277 Posts
Okay, we're back from the vet. Turns out, the vet elected NOT to do surgery and instead gave us 3 big bottles of pills that we'll be giving him for for the next two weeks (one capsule for a longer time because there's umpteen capsules in that bottle). The main pill is steroids and, according to the vet, Casey's ear will return to normal and will even stand up like it's supposed to. Other than that, no big news.

Casey did get super-excited and we had to muzzle him. Other than that, nothing much to report. Thanks everyone, for worrying with us. All is well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Okay, we're back from the vet. Turns out, the vet elected NOT to do surgery and instead gave us 3 big bottles of pills that we'll be giving him for for the next two weeks (one capsule for a longer time because there's umpteen capsules in that bottle). The main pill is steroids and, according to the vet, Casey's ear will return to normal and will even stand up like it's supposed to. Other than that, no big news.

Casey did get super-excited and we had to muzzle him. Other than that, nothing much to report. Thanks everyone, for worrying with us. All is well.
Nothing to report is a good thing !!!!!!
:smile2:

·
37,277 Posts
What did they say it was on/in his ear? I am happy with the outcome. No surgery! Keep us posted.
Well, I would've sworn it was mites, but since he's never around cats or other dogs, she examined samples from his ear and said it was bacterial. That's what two of the medicines are for. It's called "Pyroderma." The main medication is an antibiotic and the others control itching and allergies. So, in other words, what we had thought was blood collecting up inside his ear, is really pus. Ewwww! But, the antibiotics will knock that bad stuff out.

Even though his ear is flopped and looks like a small hot air balloon, he seems to be just fine. Eating good, full of life, shakes "hands" for a treat, wants to play "catch the frisbee..." And in the past couple of days, no more yelping in pain on touching the "bubble." Soooo, we'll trust what the good doctor said and see how it goes.

How he got a bacterial infection is the $64,000-dollar question... :confused:

Thanks for you support!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Well, I would've sworn it was mites, but since he's never around cats or other dogs, she examined samples from his ear and said it was bacterial. That's what two of the medicines are for.

Even though his ear is flopped and looks like a small hot air balloon, he seems to be just fine. Eating good, full of life, wants to play "catch the frisbee..." And in the past couple of days, no more yelping in pain on touching the "bubble." Soooo, we'll trust what the good doctor said and see how it goes.

Thanks for you support!
So it appears that Casey is running the bases headed towards home!:smile2:

·
37,277 Posts
So it appears that Casey is running the bases headed towards home!:smile2:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's only had one dose. He's still standing in the batter's box, waiting for the next pitch. Oh, and btw, he was named after my dad's 1941 Case tractor, not the legendary baseball player. Just sayin'.

But, if it makes everyone happy, he can be a baseball player. I'd put him in left field --- Rocky was good at catching things, but I think Casey has him beat. One day, maybe we'll have a contest --- up in Hebbin'. :)

·
37,277 Posts
Oh! I had in my mind that it was a hematoma on/in his ear. All is well I hope. :)
That was MY diagnosis, based on the crazy scratching, head shaking and swelling of the ear. But it turned out to be a bacterial infection. That's why we have vets, I guess. Dr. Jimbob isn't the man to call. I'm a quack! :lol: (Didn't you read Post #1209?)

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
:D Lol Lol Lol !!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
There's bad bacteria and good bacteria. Poor Casey ran across some bad stuff. Coulda picked it up from the ground, then scratched an ear...

Good bacteria? Well, we wouldn't have beer or bread without it.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,012 Posts
That was MY diagnosis, based on the crazy scratching, head shaking and swelling of the ear. But it turned out to be a bacterial infection. That's why we have vets, I guess. Dr. Jimbob isn't the man to call. I'm a quack! :lol: (Didn't you read Post #1209?)

Yes I did! That is how I know it wasn't a hematoma. "It's not a tuma."

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's only had one dose. He's still standing in the batter's box, waiting for the next pitch. Oh, and btw, he was named after my dad's 1941 Case tractor, not the legendary baseball player. Just sayin'.

But, if it makes everyone happy, he can be a baseball player. I'd put him in left field --- Rocky was good at catching things, but I think Casey has him beat. One day, maybe we'll have a contest --- up in Hebbin'. :)
Hmm..., from the words of John Coffey.:smile2:

·
37,277 Posts
CASEY UPDATE: Well, week one is a wrap. Slowly but surely, Casey seems to be making progress. His ear is less swollen and the bulge has grown smaller. He's eating good and drinking more water than a school of tuna. Peeing is, well, off the charts. But, I'm sure that is helping to flush his system of bad things. We've noticed a startling change in his behavior, too. He's way more "laid back," and now actually comes back inside when you call him (instead of his usual ignoring and procrastination). And that's a good thing, that I hope lasts... :rolleyes:

"And that's the way it is."

"Good night, and good news."

"We're in touch. So you be in touch."

TRIVIA: What newsmen/women used the above three "sign offs?"

(Winner will receive a handsomely packaged box of absolutely nothing!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Walter Cronkite

Ted Baxter

Huge Downs

·
37,277 Posts
Walter Cronkite

Ted Baxter

Huge Downs
Correct. But you don't win the box of nothing, because there was a newswoman that also used one of them. Get that right and you get the nothing (if you solve the bonus round). No time limit. Best of luck!

BONUS ROUND (2 parts):

1. Before he hosted the news, Hugh Downs was the host of what popular TV game show? After a long run, the show had several new hosts. Name that TV game show.

2. In one last desperate attempt to improve the show's sagging ratings, they hired one last host. This last host later became a co-host on a popular late night talk show. Name that host and the TV talk show he went on to.

Happy hunting!

1201 - 1220 of 1245 Posts