Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

License plate frames

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  texasbullitt 
#1 ·
I have noticed alot of info on the board about license plate frames (both MGW and others). For those of you that have one...have there been any problems with it scratching the trunk where the edges touch (from rattling around)? I've heard of this problem before and I am worried about putting one on and scratching my baby. Just wondering if any one has experienced this...or any other problems. Thanks for the info.

#3 ·
I have the MGW frame on mine and there is no way it can move around. Fits VERY TIGHT :wink:

I LOVE IT!!!

Hope this helps.

Bud

#4 ·
I got an aftermarket frame for the back of my GT....a pretty heavy one....and it ended up pulling out one of the plastic bosses where it screws in. I had to re-attach the boss with epoxy (it's held so far) and swap out the frame for something lighter.

#5 ·
I always outline the back of the license plates with weather stripping to keep the plate and the frame from making contact with the car's finish. This has always worked well for me. I keep various sizes of weather stripping around the garage and find a lot of uses (keeping parts from rubbing, eliminating rattles, ect.).

#6 ·
I also have the MGW license plate. The fit is tight and there is no rocking and rolling for scratch marks. I also use the license plate to close the trunk instead of reaching up on top of the rear brake light to close.

#7 ·
I had my good friends at TASCA ford in providence, Rhode Island send me one of their license plate frames... so I now have the only TASCA BULLITT in texas...lol
I ve known these folks since 69 , bought more then my share of fords from them when i lived in new york ,and they are the best. came damn close to flying up, buying my bullitt from them and driving down to texas ... but the man himself talked me out of it..( thanks bob )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.