Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the LP frame on the front of my bullitt that is secured underneath the front bumper (vendor is on the site list) but it keeps coming dislodged and almost fell off tonight. Does anyone have any suggestions as to one that works well for them? This one is good quality but just isn't cutting it and after it coming off again and causing some paint damage, I'm interested in what everyone else is using. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I heard the California Addition Mustang has a mount that comes from under-neath no holes. This was something someone else posted might go to a dealer & look at one,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Renegade3

Hi, I have the altec bracket and am very happy with it,they also have an electric version. Do we really need any more strain on that stupid battery/charging system??? :doubt:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rico, I mounted it underneath the facia. The mounting holes are on the bottom of the facia. Yes I am working on a bunch of pix for the site. As soon as I get them I will upload them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
first try at post pix

Don't laugh too hard. I am not very good at this posting/computer stugff yet. I hope the pix come out.:redface:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys, I'll check them out

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have my front plate strapped to my passenger side visor. In the night, I just flip it up and put it away.

So far, so good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You could "try" Craig's custom Mustang brackets.

My first attempt at installation, I didn't use the double sided tape and it fell off after about 250 miles.

Fortunately, I didn't lose it, it hung on the black plastic center upright on the lower grill.

I just reinstalled using the double sided tape, we will see how that goes...I am not real confident though, LOL

Here's the link:

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/

Edit: Here's another possibility:

http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=59049

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's what I used also, and even after putting new 3M tape on it, the dang thing fell off scratching the hell out of my front bumper in the process.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
rico

Pix are up under the BULLITPROOF section see, recent and old pix.
Hope the pix help you.:smile: :smile:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Try adding a second layer of double sided tape; in other words, stick a second strip of double sided to the first and then align, peel, and tighten the wing nuts.

So far so good for me, it hasn't loosened or fallen off again, and HAS been tested at 140 MPH, LOL!

Good Luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts