Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a carbon fiber shaft,by PST,it only weighs 12 lbs. A full 10 lb. savings of weight to get turning. Kind of pricy though,at $500+!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I might buy me one for X-Mas! I was reading where Paul,of PHP,picked up 17 RWHP,on his Cobra with one!! Will check this out further.Hey if it saves some HP thru the drivetrain,smoothes out some of the trans. noise,it might be worth it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey since I am over seas and everything and will be until next May, how about you buy it for me?...

I will send you some sand from where I am at that pricless you know. Plus, how many people have sand from ?????.

Not many, I bet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 22:39 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Mus408, there's an article in the NEW 5.0 & Super Ford (i got it in mail last Wednesday)that addreses several mods on the same vehicle. one of the things they talk about is a new carbon fiber drive shaft,...don't remember what page but check it out!!
i believe that they liked it!! even less mass and more readily tranferred power with less power loss

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep,that's where I first read about it. HOWEVER!! After talking with the guys at PST, the correct price for that golden shaft is $800 BUCKS!! Way to much for what I would get out of it. Have you noticed how pricey most everything for these new mod motor Mustangs is? For instance,almost 600 bucks for the JBA ceramic shorty headers!! Not to mention 130 big ones for a HELMS Mustang shop manual......Good grief!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
$800.00?? HOOOO WEE, think i'll stick with the aluminum one!
yes, all the modular engine upgrade parts and pieces are certainly more expensive than working on the old 5.0 but i believe that if Ford remains committed to the modular engines(including the 4.6 and engines with compatible parts) we will eventually see more reasoable prices as more compitition developes among aftermarket suppliers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts