Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new Ford Ranger yesterday for winter driving and I noticed when driving with the lights on that the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel were light up but on my Bullitt their not. I was wondering if all Bullitts are like this or only mine. I know from past posts that a lot of Bullittheads will doing a little test tonight. Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-12-21 10:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
413 Posts
2 of my oh so long list of faults with the Bullitt. The lack of an auto dimming rear view, a small trip computer with compass and thermometer, lighted visor mirrors, steering wheel radio controls and the fact that the radio doesn't stay on until the driver's door is opened round out that list. Darn it all! I'm going to have to trade it in on a Neon now. There are just too many defects with this car, and its too fast, scares me. And the doors are too heavy, and these seats! I can't move!. How the hell do you see out of this thing anyway!! I want 4 doors! Whats this shifter? I want an automatic with the selector on the steering column! I can't figure out how to work this damn radio anyway! Its too damn loud!How the hell do you move this drivers seat? Every time I touch one of those buttons, I'm looking at the ceiling. This damn glove box is too small! Can't even fit the manual! Every time it rains, that snail on my dash board comes on and makes me slide! This green is too dark! gets dirty too easy and its always hot! Air conditioner works good though! :cool:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds like you bought the wrong car, you must've missed the entrance to the mobile home dealership when you went looking, lol!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
We have a 98 expedition and it lights up too, but the bullitt doesn't. Kinda sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-17 13:23, kfengler wrote:
I found it's better to keep my mouth shut.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a good boy! Stay outta trouble til at least Christmas is over !!!

-Treva

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I have lighted-visors. :grin: I think all the canadian bullitts got them. Why, I don't know... :razz:

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Denver altitude problems ??At least he didnt blame our Mr.T.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey cpeders!

If you add a tool box attached to the trunk lid, all you'd have to do is tack on about $15,000 to the base price and you could put BMW emblems in place of the blue oval! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittMike on 2001-12-17 19:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have an '01 Escape and no lighted controls on the steering wheel there either.
Not a big deal to me, only takes a few trips out in the car and then you pretty much know where the cruise buttons are.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey cpeders,
Now I know who you are, you're that Geez that wrote the scathing Bullitt article/review we all loved so much a couple of months ago! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: groovy on 2001-12-17 20:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-17 18:39, Badkharma wrote:
I have lighted-visors. :grin: I think all the canadian bullitts got them. Why, I don't know... :razz:

So basicly the factory had to go out of it's way to leave them off our cars as all other's have them.
Hummmm.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I don't really care about the lights for the curise control, but it would have been nice to have them on the doors for the windows and locks. Even my antique '93 Taurus has them.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Next time you go into the dealership to buy a car make sure you specify that you want a "No guts no glory" luxury car instead of a "ultra cool car with guts galore."

Then maybe you will get a car that has all the lights, bell and whistles you can handle. If you remember, the first Corvettes and Vipers for that matter did not even have A/Cs or any other creature comforts.

Sacrifices must be made! It's not easy owning a cool car that actually might hold its value. Try buying a Lincoln Navigator and see what it's worth five years down the road. :-B

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
On 2001-12-19 10:29, Railcop094 wrote:
Next time you go into the dealership to buy a car make sure you specify that you want a "No guts no glory" luxury car instead of a "ultra cool car with guts galore."

Then maybe you will get a car that has all the lights, bell and whistles you can handle. If you remember, the first Corvettes and Vipers for that matter did not even have A/Cs or any other creature comforts.

Sacrifices must be made! It's not easy owning a cool car that actually might hold its value. Try buying a Lincoln Navigator and see what it's worth five years down the road. :-B

What are you talking about? This car already has all the creature comforts most luxury cars have (Air conditioning, power windows, locks, power seat, cruise, leather seats, cd player [6 or single])and still has the guts and the glory. Asking for a simple, very common piece of equipment like lighted switches isn't a cop out to the heritage of the Mustang or muscle cars in general.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My wife's '01 Explorer Sport Trac has the exact same steering wheel as my Mustang (ok, different logo on it but an FR500 wheel will bolt on). The buttons are illuminated. It would have been nice if Ford had included them on the Bullitt.

My '00 GT convertible also had illuminated visor mirrors. That would have been a nice touch on the Bullitt as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some people have missed the point the question was whether the cruise control lights work or not. Obviously not. No big deal, yes it would be nice but I can live with turnning on the dome light to see the controls. Yes it would be nice if they had lighted vanity mirrors but they don't. Yes it would be nice if they had thrown in an astray for change but they didn't. Yes the glove box is to small for the manual and for CD's. I have yet to hear of anybody saying they want to trade in their car because it doesn't have a lighted steering wheel. The question was asked and answered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts