Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Let me know what you think of these ideas to bring my Bullitt closer to the '68. Hopefully, within the next couple of years I hope to add the following to my car. My thanks to all of you out there who helped me find these parts.

1. The Grillcraft grill to get rid of the pony.
2. The "Euro-Dash" to retro the instrument bezel.
3. The Saleen s281 c hood with the double reverse scoops (resembling the '68).
4. And finally, what is looking like a pipe dream at this point... Quarter window louvers.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My thoughts:

1- I just painted my Pony flat black. Same effect, much cheaper.

2- Not familiar with that.

3- Any hood without that ugly scoop we've got is an improvement

4- Those will not work on a modern car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did the same to my grill. I did have it out but I found that what little protection it does offer for internals is worth it with all the interstate driving I do. The pony is now black, the GT badges are black and I painted the Bullitt letters on the back black. Gives the car a stripped down look without leaving the holes. Just somehing a little different. The only thing I didn't paint is the ford oval.

·
Registered
899 Posts
MFBullitt435,

Those are my plans as well, but I'm thinking about going a few steps farther. Since there will be paint flying anyway with the hood, I'm thinking about removing the GT Badges and side scoop covers, getting the holes filled and painted. I think I'll leave the Bullitt and Ford Badges. I'm also thinking about getting '68 turn signal indicators modified to install in the hood recesses...

Great minds think alike

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Have you considered the CDC sequential flashing tailights. Never on any Mustang, only on Thunderbirds and Cougars I think, but def. retro. I've gotten lots of compliments on them on my Bullitt.

Bullitt #2759 Dark Highland Green
Mods: MGW tid-bits, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft, tightened transmission bolts, CDC sequential taillights, Densecharger. 3.73 gears and Georges chip are next.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-09-28 09:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
579 Posts
I wouldn't do the louvers but i thought it would have been cool if they deleted the small window in the back. so behind the drivers window that cpillar would be one piece with no window. I guess it might have been a liability issue cause it does increase the blind spot

·
Registered
579 Posts
Guess not any people want the c-pilar louver huh?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ditching the pony is like saying your a chev man at heart :sad:... The HGreen/black looks better with the pony black.. But I think TB looks great with the chrome one. You could swap the grill and get some 3M emblem adhesive to put the pony on the new grill.

·
Registered
650 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-27 20:26, MFBullitt435 wrote:
Hey guys,

Let me know what you think of these ideas to bring my Bullitt closer to the '68. Hopefully, within the next couple of years I hope to add the following to my car. My thanks to all of you out there who helped me find these parts.

1. The Grillcraft grill to get rid of the pony.
2. The "Euro-Dash" to retro the instrument bezel.
3. The Saleen s281 c hood with the double reverse scoops (resembling the '68).
4. And finally, what is looking like a pipe dream at this point... Quarter window louvers.

Any thoughts?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>I am pretty new to this site. I bought my BULLITT 1723 on the first of August and first thing I wanted to change was the hood, I wanted saleen hood with the reverse scoops just like the '68 from the movie. The only thing I can afford to do back then was to paint the pony on the front grill black and a K&N air filter. I waiting for the spring for the hood, but if you see the SALEEN hood for a cheap price, please let me know. I like the quarter window louvre idea, I think if there's no quarter window it would look awesome.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
None of you guys seem to like the pseudo-hood scoop. I know that it is not functional, but that is probably one of my favorite things about the car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I love looking out at that big bad ass hood scoop. The car just wouldn't be the same without it. One of these days, I'll convert it so that it functions.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am also one who loves the scoop we have, it is one of my favorite features of the car. It looks absolutely mean when approaching in your rear view mirror, maybe that's why people pull over when I come up behind them. :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i also like the stock scoop, but at the same time like the scoop on the saleen. my thooughts are this:
1:dont want to touch anything on the car that is stock , so if i do it i am buying hood and scoop. i also like the black widow front/rear bumper kit... not a boult on from what i was told it replaces the intire thing. so #02321 at any time can go back to stock

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
No chance on a group buy on that hood? I have been looking at that hood also. I like the scoop, but I would like something more functional. I do not like any of the loovers I have seen in pics on the side windows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts