Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the State Fair of Texas this weekend. Just wanted to look at all the new cars and eat a corn dog. Well I was passing through the Ford exhibit looking at the convertible GT and this nice lady comes up to me and asks if she can help me with anything. Her jacket said "Ford Vehicles Expert". Well I couldn't resist testing her knowledge. So I asked her how many Bullitts Ford is putting out for 2002. She said she didn't know but she was certain that they all had to be special ordered because the dealerships wouldn't be allowed to have any sitting on the lot. Then she took me over to the Ford Guru behind the Information desk and asks him how many Bullitts they're going to make in 2002. He says they're going to make between seven to eight thousand for 2002. All I could do is raise my eyebrows and thank them for the information. I should have been a smartass and corrected them but I figured they were doing good for just knowing what the Bullitt is. It's kind of sad though when the customers know more than the "Ford Vehicles Experts" do.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nah, should have done the smartass thing and put them in their places so they get their act together, for real.

They need to do their homework to impress me and justify their reason for being there.

And if that's their career choice then, by Lord's sake, they should live up to the task!

(I probably would have buttoned my lip, too!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-14 22:28, 01GTCOUPE wrote:
Nah, should have done the smartass thing and put them in their places so they get their act together, for real.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I totally agree. By the time I was finished at the dealership buying my Blue Baby, the salesman was asking me things I knew about the car that he didn't. He insomuch as tried to ask me what the dealer cost of the car was before we started to haggle. I told him I'd share everything I knew *after* the deal was done. :roll:

·
Registered
444 Posts
The same thing happened when I bought my car. The salesman didn't know much on the Bullitt, and when he realized that I know more than he did he didn't even try to B.S. me.

For a while I had a salesman calling me and asking ME questions as to what was in a Bullitt. I found it funny that he had to ask someone on the outside, cause nobody at his dealership knew anything about the Bullitt. Maybe I should've asked for a cut on his comission for the Bullitts he sold. Hmmm... It's never too late for that :smile:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Heheh.. when I first went looking back in March, I would get "what's a Bullitt??"

Amazing.

Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
Brian,
"What's a BULLITT?" I remember those days. I couldn't get a straight answer until they finally showed up on lots.
Nathan

·
Registered
172 Posts
These people are contractors and work for a company called Gail and Rice.They are based out of Michigan.They are payed very well and are usually attractive females,you know the model type;and no,they usually dont know alot about their products,but some do.Their title is a Product Knowledge Expert!Funny....
I applied to Gail and Rice as a Presenter and got absolutely no where.I am an General Manager at a lot affiliated with Ford and Lincoln Mercury with a background including Sales,Service, an Mgnt Positions,but I am not quite a pretty female model type,more like Clint Eastwood in the movie "Every Which way but Loose" or is that Clyde,the ape?

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I bought my Bullit the salesman tried to tell me that the Bullitt's came with the leftover 2000 Cobra motors since Ford didn't make any cobras that year. :eek:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I don't know how you kept a straight face, justindal. I think I would've busted out laughing in their faces. I feel like a product knowledge expert everywhere I go in my Bullitt, because I constantly have to tell people all about it! I used to dread having to stop for gas, now I look forward to it, and wonder how many questions I will have to answer this time. It doesn't get old, though, at least not yet. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really considered telling them and trying to set them straight. But I played dumb with them from the beginning. If I immediately corrected them after feigning ingnorance, I would have just seemed like a know-it-all a--hole. It made for a good laugh after I walked off though....

·
Registered
501 Posts
To get that job they probably had to be good BSers in the first place.Ford and all of the other makers have too many models to become an expert on all of them.Win some loose some.hehe.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
ROFLOL Nasty! When we had our Bullette in the shop for some reason or other one time, I was out front looking at GTs also, and a dealer approached me and said, "You're the Bullitt lady, aren't ya?" :smile: We were the first in Spokane to order and receive a Bullitt for a long period of time so we were pretty popular people to the Ford dealerships here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I know what you guys and girls are coming from. Had a manfollow me to a shopping mall the other day so as to ask me where I got the word 'Bullitt' from. it seems his son has a Mustang just like mine, but he didn't get the 'Bullitt' on the back. I laighed and commenced to explan the difference between his son's GT and my 'Bullitt'. then he starts laughing and we talked for about another 10 or 15 minutes about the 'Bullitt'.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-22 09:43, twoponys wrote:
Had a manfollow me to a shopping mall the other day so as to ask me where I got the word 'Bullitt' from.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I had a guy pull up next to me in his SUV and ask where I got the BULLITT badge so he could put it on his truck. :roll:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Well, you probably type better than I do. Seems like doing a magic trick when trying to type correctly all the time. As the joke goes.... "at no time during the performance do the fingers ever leave the hand".

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well folks,things aren't much better when you go to these big car show events,Bristol Bash,and ask the Big aftermarket parts guys,at the booths,about their parts.Why don't you call the Tech line,is what I get!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
If you want to read about the way the car makers used to market their musclecars,read The Glory Days,by Jim Wangers. He was the guy who helped put the GTO on the map! I met him at the Bash. He really knew how to get the scoop on the musclecars out to the public.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts