Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DHG 1594 had a little hic-up under light load. Just a little miss every 60 seconds or so. We put it on our diagnostic machine and it turned out to be #7 coil pack. Replaced it and she's good as new. Anyone else having the same problem?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had that problem but i think it was with number 4. I replaced the plugs and the coil pack. The same pack broke in half about a month later but i fixed it again and she has been running good since.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Dose not surprise me one bit, bad cop's\coil packs and Ford go together like peanut butter and jelly.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I have had a few COP's crap out on me. 47K on the odo. One was due to blowout, but the other did the miss like you describe. They were never wet, it just gave up. Easily solved by buying a new one on ebay for around $20. Search and you will find. But I have since replaced all eight with Accel's. Yes, overkill, but reassurance that they are all new. I still haven't fired it up with the new COP's, so I don't know how they will act yet.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I like JIF and Strawberry--on bread of course

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My CVPI was running rough under load but not popping a code, I asked about it on here and was directed to replace coil packs, well I could only get 4 and I rotated them around until I found the last one on the passenger side was bad......

Coil packs suck

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just curious as to what the replacement cost is for these coil packs. No problems here to report, just curious to know :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts