Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mach 1 preview picture.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2002-03-29 11:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is the Mach I back to the standard riding height or is it lowered like the Bullitt? The new wheeles combined with the bright color make it hard to tell.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Admist all the lengthy discussions here on this board, my husband and I have actually been considering this car.
It would just look so nice between the two classic Mach's!
Of course, I would not, could not get rid of my precious Bullitt...but we're considering the Mach...it's hard to pass up with a name like that.

Thanks for the picture, it looks really nice!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Distinctive car, thanks for the pic Bullitt220. I'm with 6treva9, wouldn't mind having one in the garage to go with the Bullitt (ain't going to happen). Picture looks like GT height to me, not lowered like Bullitt.
First thing I noticed, the Bullitt C-pillar does not look as good with a GT side scoop, lines are not consistent. Subtle little thing that makes the Bullitt unique.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I like the little black extension on the bottom of the front fascia. I'd like to get a piece like that for my Bullitt.
I'd also like the shaker scoop.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I read that it's lowered 1/2 in. instead of our Bullitt's 3/4 in.

Greg

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yeah "other side", but what do you think about the wheels????? LOL

·
Registered
745 Posts
The car is only lowered 1/2 in vs 3/4 on bullitt-they tried the Bullitt suspension but the 'feel' was off--part of that caused by the new wheel design and the heavier engine. The car is more set up for Drag racing than the Bullitt-notice the same size sway bar as the GT and not the larger one on the Bullitt etc--the two cars are really 'set up' different. Wheels suck-although I reserve the right to change my opinion upon seeing the car in person. Hey PY can you hook me up with a free flight ot NYC this weekend????

·
Registered
16 Posts
"other side" :smile: I'll take that as a compliment. I think the wheels are hideous, but those are changed easily enough. The rest of the car is pretty attractive, and even if the shaker hood turned out to be nothing more than a gimmick, it's still pretty cool. I think a Mach 1 would look mighty pretty sitting next to a Bullitt.

And despite my user name, I'm not quite the "VW Fiend" I use to be. My friend Learo2000GT had a 2000 GT (obviously enough) before he got his Bullitt, and I've been living vicariously through him for my HP addictions. He's slowly turning me to the dark (Ford) side.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-29 19:30, VW_Fiend wrote:
He's slowly turning me to the dark (Ford) side.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Ben (Obi-wan) Kenobi: Luke, don't give into hate. That leads to the dark side.

Darth Vader: If you only knew the *power* of the dark side.

Yoda: Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression; the dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will

My Favorite:

Luke Skywalker: Vader. ...Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sorry but i agree the wheels look like something out of a wal-mart catolog. that and i am not a big red fan. yellow white or green maybe. damn here i go with the yellow again

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-29 20:40, BULLITTBRO1 wrote:
Sorry but i agree the wheels look like something out of a wal-mart catolog.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, watch it! :lol:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Wish they could have used the Cobra-Jet name on the side of the scoop. And Wal-Mart had nothing to do with the wheels....They were sourced from J.C.Whitney!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts