Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The name brings to mind old rock n rollers, but nope it's
Mustang and Thunderbirds
Ford is touring the new bird and Bullitt.
Any one been to the tour at your local Ford dealer. They were in SLC today.
They let people drive the Bullitt (#36) and T-bird. Mike drove the bird. Said it's nice but of course prefers the Bullitt.
Several folks from our club and others brought their ponies out for a little show and shine.
I didn't go, was sleeping after a long night shift.
They gave out t-bird CDs with a lot of historical, promotional, marketing stuff and a jazz music CD.

When Mike was driving the t-bird, the Ford salesman asked him what cars he has. Mike mentioned he had brought our Bullitt to the display at the dealership. The salesman asked "did you buy it at our dealership" Mike told him NO because when his wife (me) called inquiring about buying a Bullitt last February she (me) was told "we have a nice red one." True story - Bullitts weren't even being manufactured yet and they certainly don't come in RED!
But it went over the salesman's head - he responds to Mike with "she didn't want red?"
DOH! What a doofus! Then he says to Mike "I'm going to order a Bullitt in a couple of months when I can use my Ford discount plan." Mike told him they aren't taking orders anymore.
Don't you think a salesman who earns his living selling these cars would know a little bit? DOH!

J.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I was really surprised how many dealers didn't know what the Bullitt was. I went to several dealerships looking for the best deal and so many times I was met with blank stares when I asked about the car. It was a slow day the day I stopped by the dealership I eventually bought my car from. I was swarmed with salesmen trying to help me. The first question I asked to the group was "Who knows what the Bullitt is?" They all scratched their heads in bewilderment, except one man in the back. After having a great conversation about the car and working out the price, he's the one that got the sale. Just goes to show, gotta know your stuff, or you'll get trampled by those who do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why anyone would buy that truck is beyond me. For less you can have a SVT Lightning and have something that is fun to drive. Not a pimped out truck with a outrageous sticker price. :razz: Thats my own two cents.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I fought long and hard trying to order my Bullitt. In fact I tryied to give a dealership a $1000.00 to order the car when it became available. Even though the enter net was saying ford was taking orders. This was 2nd week of Jan. The Sales person and her boss told me they would contact me. When the ordering started. I have never heard a word from those morons. That was Beach Ford in Va. BcH. Va. At the same time I tryed the custmer NO service at Dearborn and the person I talked to didn't have a clue. So the 5th of Feb I tryed the 1-800 sir I don't know what to say number. I really gave her a hard time about the lack of information she had about the Bullitt, OF which she had none.
Out of Frustration, I finally just started e-mailing local dealerships and with-n 14 min's, Cavalier Ford's John Clark. E-mailed me back that he could order one NOW, that was 5 Feb . The rest is history. Bullitt 1007 now sets in the Garage. Displaced is my Mach1 on the Temple of Car Godlyness. Everyone At Cavalier knew about The Bullitt and They all new I had ordered one and I'm treated like a King when I visit. But all the other ***** brain dearlers didn't care about a damn thing but making a buck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
These stories make me feel lucky. I wandered into North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz near the end of February looking for a Bullit. After asking about ordering a Bullitt, was introduced to the owner who pulled up a computer screen and asked me what color I wanted. I received regular calls from the dealership (one even from the owner) telling me the build date, when it was on the train and even what time it would arrive. Great experience all the way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts