Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have problems passing emissions with your long tube headers. Thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I'm running the Mac 3 piece O/R set up and I pass the full blown emissions testing.:badgrin:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a little more research and I it sounds like you can probably pass the sniffer but will fail the visual inspection becauce there is no long tube headers thar are emmission legal, they are off road only. Does anyone know if this is true.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have passed 5 years in a row now with LTs and an O/R X-pipe. Gotta love Texas' "stricter" emission laws!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I get a sticker.....not sure as i'd "pass" emissions though :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
I'm running the Mac 3 piece O/R set up and I pass the full blown emissions testing.:badgrin:
Are you saying that you pass emissions with no converters at all? Do they actually stick a sensor in the tailpipe? Just curious, I thought the O/R pipes eliminated the converters. thanks...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Its been a while for me but last time I went with the B it had cats they just plugged into the obdII port and that was it they didnt look at the car at all. Now I have a off road h-pipe I think I will be called this spring we will see what happens. Now I did go for a test on a chevy truck avalanch 2500 and they did the sniffer test for that. They said they had to do it because it was over a certain weight. So I think cars are still the same they just plug into the computer and see if you have any codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.