Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets try a new subject "headers" :)
I have been trying to find a youtube video of 08/09 Bullitt with Longtube headers and stock exhaust. I have a great set of Ford racing stingers on my bullitt now. It sound all most too loud "perfect".
The dealership near my house is willing to deal on a set of longtubes with H-Pipe for my Stang. I don't want it so loud that I am always worried of the police.
I am leaning towards FR shorties, no tune . I really want to get rid of those rusty exhaust manifolds.
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
267 Posts
it wont be crazy neighborhood loud if get catted longtubes,u will also pick up a gain with longtubes. And wat set of longtubes are u looking at?

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
Lets try a new subject "headers" :)
I have been trying to find a youtube video of 08/09 Bullitt with Longtube headers and stock exhaust. I have a great set of Ford racing stingers on my bullitt now. It sound all most too loud "perfect".
The dealership near my house is willing to deal on a set of longtubes with H-Pipe for my Stang. I don't want it so loud that I am always worried of the police.
I am leaning towards FR shorties, no tune . I really want to get rid of those rusty exhaust manifolds.
Any Ideas?
Have you listened to John's Bullitt with the THUMPR Comp Cams, Shorty FRPP Headers and

FRPP Stinger Exhaust ???

Not Long Tubes but it is your Mufflers and with Cams, plus FRPP shorty headers........

Plus BRENSPEED 93 Octane Tune etc.

Steeda Pulleys, Steeda Delete Plates.........

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161634&highlight=thumpr+cams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupoxuO8Em8

Terry

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blackbullittt said:
it wont be crazy neighborhood loud if get catted longtubes,u will also pick up a gain with longtubes. And wat set of longtubes are u looking at?
I am waiting to hear from the dealership to see what type of headers they have.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sounds better since vidio was made, It now idles at 1000, that vidio was at 850. Acouple of us Chicago boys are getting together tomarrow, Iam sure some one will bring recording equipment.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Gene, these are not Cats there Resonators

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Genius said:
I was tryin to find some reviews on this set up, have you found any?
Gene
Hey Gene,

I'm not Familiar with the State you live in but just as a Heads-Up .........

You do Realize those Long Tubes Do-Not have the Cats for Federal Emmissions.......

These do have everything needed to pass Federal Emmissions:

Kooks Long Tube Headers:

Available with X or H Pipe:

Description

<LI class=tabheader id=tabheader1>0% Financing<LI class=tabheader id=tabheader20>Product Reviews<!--sc-caption-start-->Kooks custom headers are in our opinion the best header on the market.<LI class=tabheader> The kits come complete with everything you need even O2 extensions, gaskets, and a mid pipe!<LI class=tabheader> The custom headers are made of stainless steel and have a 1 5/8” primary tube.<LI class=tabheader> Because of the 02 sensor location these headers are very tune friendly.

Included in this package is a high flow catted X pipe.
<LI class=tabheader>The high flow cats enough protection to pass the sniff test yet flow very close to an off road design.
<LI class=tabheader>We run Kooks high flow cats on our 10 second street cars!

FEATURES :
  • 1 5/8" Primary Tubes
  • 304 Stainless Steel
  • Includes necessary installation hardware and gaskets
  • Includes O2 extension harness.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Boss-- I have the Kooks LT with the stock exhaust. To be straight with you, it sounds really good; not obnoxious. However, I'm a loose cannon and want to draw the rats out of the sewer when I hit the throttle so I am probably going with the stingers in a month or so. Bottom line, you gonna draw more power from the LT's and as Terry said, the Kooks will pass emissions if you have such as thing in your state. They cost more, but you know the saying.

Good luck,

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Wbihm225 said:
Hey Boss-- I have the Kooks LT with the stock exhaust. To be straight with you, it sounds really good; not obnoxious. However, I'm a loose cannon and want to draw the rats out of the sewer when I hit the throttle so I am probably going with the stingers in a month or so. Bottom line, you gonna draw more power from the LT's and as Terry said, the Kooks will pass emissions if you have such as thing in your state. They cost more, but you know the saying.

Good luck,
I really wonder how the KR's would sound on yours.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought a complete set of pipes " SLP long tube headers, X-pipe and cats" from rpmoutlet. I had no problems with them.
I hear other people have had problems. When I ordered from them everything was cool.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$900 for a set of Ford Racing shorty's installed OR $1900 for SLP longtube headers , High Flow cats and X-pipe installed. SLP system is all Stainless, with ceramic coated headers
I am told that the Bullitt mid pipe is not stainless :(
I had a lot of o2 sensor problems with my last stang that had longtube headers. It was at the dyno shop a few times for that issue, $$$$$$
If I get shorty's I won't get those problems, but then I will have a rusty mid pipe.
What do I do, What do I do?
This is funny I am talking like I have money :(

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made my mind up!!
They are Ford Racing Shorty headers and they are beautiful!!!!
I have them on my bench right now and will be installed next week. I always open the box at the dealership to check the condition of my parts . It was a good thing that I did, the first set had bad wrench marks in it. The second set was perfect!
The money that I would have spent in the longtubes I bought a FR diff cover, FR/Hurst short throw shifter, FR shorty's and SHR painted Louvers. Plus installation.
Life is GOOD!
This is my opinion, If you are going to put your Bullitt on the track a lot then the longtubes might be worth it.
I want a set of headers because I hate the rusty Manifolds, I like the sound, and I am the kid of the 60's. Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty's just seem to me to be the best choice!
The reason I went with ford racing is , I want to make my Bullitt 100 percent Ford/Ford racing

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
BlackPony said:
I made my mind up!!
I have them on my bench right now and will be installed next week. I always open the box at the dealership to check the condition of my parts . It was a good thing that I did, the first set had bad wrench marks in it. The second set was perfect!
The money that I would have spent in the longtubes I bought a FR diff cover, FR/Hurst short throw shifter, FR shorty's and SHR painted Louvers. Plus installation.
Life is GOOD!
This is my opinion, If you are going to put your Bullitt on the track a lot then the longtubes might be worth it.
I want a set of headers because I hate the rusty Manifolds, I like the sound, and I am the kid of the 60's. Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty's just seem to me to be the best choice!
The reason I went with ford racing is , I want to make my Bullitt 100 percent Ford/Ford racing
Let's see some pictures of the new stuff! This is very exciting.

Don't forget to snap the before pictures for the before and after pics.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BlackPony said:
I made my mind up!!
Life is GOOD!
BlackPony<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1934713", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "BlackPony"

CONGRATS on a Most Excellent choice for You ..........

And All the other Mods You got along with the FRPP Headers..........

Some Pics maybe when You do the Install ....... Before & After of the FRPP Headers.

Nice Going,

Terry

1 - 20 of 26 Posts