Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my girlfriend and I stopped by the Ford dealership in Foley, AL to see what they knew about the new Bullitt and to ask if they would be getting one. It is a smaller dealership but they also sell Saleens to I figured they would be more likely to know about the Bullitt. I was right and the saleperson actually knew what I was talking about. We talked about the Bullitt for a bit and he said they did not know yet if they would be getting one (without someone placing an order).

When we first pulled into the lot I noticed a black Shelby GT sitting in the used car section of the lot. I was surprised to see a Shelby on a used car lot aleady so I went over to check it out. The car has just over 5,000 miles on it and they are asking ~$32,000 for it. The original owner bought it new from that dealership and kept it for about six months before trading it in on a Saleen. I would imagine he got raked over the coals on the trade.

We looked at the Shelby for a little bit and chatted with the salesguy. As we were leaving he said that if I decided I was interested in the Shelby that the price is negotiable. Of course when I got home I tried to look up what a used Shelby should go for and can't find anything. What does everyone think? If you could get a low mileage Shelby GT for under $30,000 would you do it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would have to say that 30,000 to 32,000 is about right they wont come down on the price to much cause every ford lot knows that they can sell them and they wont sit very long on there lot... that price that they got on it is about what they go for used on ebay.... But thats just my thoughts:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
It is a tough call. In the future the Shelby might have a little more ability to get some of your money back on resale than the Bullitt. Then again, it's a used car and you don't know exactly what the driver was like or how he treated it. The Bullitt is a new car, no other drivers or driving history. The Shelby is used, and so probably is going to have higher interest rates on a loan than the new Bullitt. Not much, but something to consider. You may also have to put more down on a used car than a new one. Depending on your credit and driving record, yes that counts with some institutions. Finally, what do you really want to drive. There isn't that much difference in price. The Bullitt has more of one thing and less of another than the Shelby.:neutral:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yea I hear david m but I would rather have a shelby in the long run over the new 08 BULLITT but then again I am one of those guys that ford has still not sold the new body style on at all.. If I was really going to go out and buy 1 it would b a Shelby not a GT or a 08 BULLITT, not to be a AZZ but thats the way I Feel the BULLITT/MACH 1 body style is more mean looking than the new stang bod IMO:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Really,I think the Shelby GTH is the better looking ride. It's a shame they didn't use the same hood package and gold stripe color on the Shelby GT.
You going to sell your old Bullitt?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first thing that came into my head when they told me the price of the Shelby was how close it was to the price of the new Bullitt. I personally would never buy a car for more than the sticker so at most the difference between the two will be a few thousand dollars. I wonder though which will be easier to find in the next few years, a low mileage Shelby GT or a low mileage Bullitt?

I agree that GTH is a sweet looking ride. If I had to choose between the GTH and GT I would probably go with the GTH. The black with the gold stripes really looks good together and the hood sets the car apart. Having said that the black and silver looks pretty good too. The one I looked at had black Bullitt wheels and looked really good. Next time I get by there I will take my camera.

And no I am not even considering selling my Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
For me at least, the Bullitt has lower insurance rates (considerable difference) than the Shelby. I priced them with my agent before I bought the Bullitt. I had an opportunity at buying a Shelby from a coworker. Rates are almost double! No Shelby, probably ever. It doesn't do that much for me. Now if it were a 68 convertible...

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Molly and I went to the Ford dealership in Granbury about 2-3 weeks ago to test drive a GT. I am not real hot on some of the stuff about the 05-08 like seats are low, window sill is high, gearsift feels high, etc although I love the way they look. Anyway the sales lady told me they had a used shelby. I asked how much and she said she wasn't sure but it was well over 40,000. I told her they only sold for 41,000 to begin with and she said this one originally had about a $25,000 mark up. Right---I'm going to pay dealer mark up on a used car. even a shelby.

·
Registered
618 Posts
wildman said:
Molly and I went to the Ford dealership in Granbury about 2-3 weeks ago to test drive a GT. I
am not real hot on some of the stuff about the 05-08 like seats are low, window sill is high, gearsift feels high, etc although I love the way they look. Anyway the sales lady told me they had a used shelby. I asked how much and she said she wasn't sure but it was well over 40,000. I told her they only sold for 41,000 to begin with and she said this one originally had about a $25,000 mark up. Right---I'm going to pay dealer mark up on a used car. even a shelby.
That is the dumbest thing, they expect you to pay for dealer mark up on a used vehicle. That is their problem and has no effect on book value.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ditto on the GT H hood....with the hood and hood pins it is way cool. I am not a black car guy mainly because it so hard to keep clean in our dusty climate but it really looks killer. I`ve rented one twice and got stares, wows, and compliments everywhere I went. Not a stealth, under the radar car like the 08 Bullitt for sure.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
a guy here at work saw a Shelby GT at greenway ford here in florida for 32,000 and it had upgraded with a supercharger from the factory.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
NCTom said:
If you could get a low mileage Shelby GT for under $30,000 would you do it?
After seeing Mark's Shelby I would say probably. The only thing that would make me hesitate is the new Bullitt. Truth be known, the Shelby will probably do much better in the future for resell than the Bullitt.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
5111 said:
After seeing Mark's Shelby I would say probably. The only thing that would make me hesitate is the new Bullitt. Truth be known, the Shelby will probably do much better in the future for resell than the Bullitt.
I wouldn't say better but sooner. i'm sure their re-sell value will go up sooner than the bullitt's will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts