Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody and Happy New Year! :smile:

First I want to thank the owner, the moderators, administrators and the members for a successful group purchase last month!

O.K here we go...
As promised I had said after December I wanted to get some feedback from you guy's on area's you felt we should create protection kits for.

Please post or email me with your suggestions.
I have been trying to contact and get a hold of a bullitt in our area (L.I NY) for measurements but so far unsuccessful. We will keep trying. :grin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-14 22:15, bullitt3980 wrote:
I think something to protect our underhood ID stickers would be great.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Absolutely! We have been kicking it around. Check out this thread http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5349&forum=9&14

However we might back off because I seen another thread that states Ford is finally creating a cover.

Keep it comming :grin:

www.cleartastic.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cleartastic on 2002-01-14 22:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-15 02:23, TwoStangWmn wrote:
Mud flap protectors?

Yes! But then we would need to get someting to protect whats protecting the mud flaps.:lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2002-01-15 10:08, Bullitt 2414 wrote:
How about the molding right in front of the rear wheels. This area takes a lot of abuse where it flares out.

Already started on it. :grin: (is the side scoop the same as a 2001 Mustang GT?)

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Hi ED,
No, the Bullitt side scoop is not the same
as a 2001 GT's. The Bullitt's is really not
a scoop, it is a smooth rounded molding.

Now I see why you need to get your mitts
on a Bullitt. It would make it so much
easier for you to design Cleartastic
applications. No luck locating the Bullitt
in Baldwin, NY?

Let me know if I can help with measurements.

Collin

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would really like to see some protection for the front bumper and hood - to protect from bug guts, stone chips etc..

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
dstanky, Cleartastic is working on this.
Unfortunately Ed does not have acess to a
Bullitt. Luckily the front bumper is the same
as a 2001 GT so hopefully he will have it
easier.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2002-01-15 11:05, PY wrote:
No luck locating the Bullitt
in Baldwin, NY?

Let me know if I can help with measurements.

Collin

So far no luck!
I really like and need to see,touch & feel the car to create kits.

It's a bit bz, but I'm still going to try to call you today. :grin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On 2002-01-15 11:10, dstanky wrote:
I would really like to see some protection for the front bumper and hood - to protect from bug guts, stone chips etc..

I hear ya! Nose is on the list :grin:

Keep em comming...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks Ed,

I just wanted to make sure the nose was on the list for sure. I would also like a piece to cover the paint between the windshield and the side doors widows - I believe its called the A pillar and one to cover the front of the fake hood scoop front - for some reason mine seems to be taking a beating.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2002-01-15 14:34, dstanky wrote:
Thanks Ed,

I just wanted to make sure the nose was on the list for sure. I would also like a piece to cover the paint between the windshield and the side doors widows - I believe its called the A pillar and one to cover the front of the fake hood scoop front - for some reason mine seems to be taking a beating.

Thanks,
Dave

On the list :grin:
Just one thing Dave, on the front of the hood scoop is it painted or is it flat black?
Our product needs to be place on a well painted or cleared surface.

334 Posts
Could help you out if you like...Ilive in Uniondale and have my bullitt in winter storage at a buddies parking garage in Greenwich Conn.If it helped out the other bullittheads I could bring the car home barring no major storms/salt and let you measure it.Don,t have a garage at my home and found the ideal storage arrangements...
also need an excuse for a ride

Dale Robertson
DHG #4120

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ed,

The front of the hood scoop is a black plastic honeycomb piece - however around this piece is the hood scoop (painted like the rest of the car) which has a lip in the front - this front lip is the piece I would like covered. Follow this link to see a picture: (the better picture is the second one)

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5880&forum=10&0

Hopefully this piece could be made - I think it may be a long shot though.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On 2002-01-15 17:10, chevy piercing bullitt #4120 wrote:
Could help you out if you like...Ilive in Uniondale and have my bullitt in winter storage at a buddies parking garage in Greenwich Conn.If it helped out the other bullittheads I could bring the car home barring no major storms/salt and let you measure it.Don,t have a garage at my home and found the ideal storage arrangements...
also need an excuse for a ride

Dale Robertson
DHG #4120

WHOA! DALE THAT WOULD BE GREAT!
However I don't want you to take it out of storage from CT. That's asking too much plus it takes more then one trip (from me) to get the template right. When do you normally bring it back up to Long Island?
Please contact me. I would like to s/w you further.
Thanks Dale!!!! :grin:

Ed
1800 778 9898 9-5 est.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On 2002-01-15 17:21, dstanky wrote:
Ed,

The front of the hood scoop is a black plastic honeycomb piece - however around this piece is the hood scoop (painted like the rest of the car) which has a lip in the front - this front lip is the piece I would like covered. Follow this link to see a picture: (the better picture is the second one)

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=5880&forum=10&0

Hopefully this piece could be made - I think it may be a long shot though.

Thanks,
Dave

I wrote it down. I'll check into it. :grin:
Dale lives in Uniondale NY and is willing to let us go to him and check out all these areas!

By the way Beefmd and BudACAD's Bullitts in that thread, look like they want
to dance!(Race)
Killer rides! :cool:

Ed

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Cleartastic,
Post a new thread looking for a Long Island Bullitt for help. There are L.I members here.
Ex Valley Streamer!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts