Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found 2 bolts on the garage floor to the right and in front of Bullette. They are self tapping 3/8" bolts. Gray in color-not gold or silver. He found one yesterday and one tonight. Does anyone have any ideas of where they go? Bill is very unhappy and I would hate for him to go into the service dept. in the morning with 2 loose bolts in his hand! We looked everywhere visible and cannot find where they would go!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Those aren't from the frame under the tranny are they??

That would suck.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. Bill says those bolts are bigger and they are black, not grey. WHEW! will let you know when we (or Ford) finds out!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya know Mike, they look like that only a little smaller and darker. But then, you had light on them. He is putting the car back up on the ramps and checking again. Thanks for the pictures! It helps locating them a lot easier!

Vicki

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: Bolts did not belong to Bullette at all! :0 Hubby looked around at the garage door and they came off of it. WHEW! Luckly we park the Bullitt back aways inside the garage so the bolts did not drop on the hood!

Vicki

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm glad the bolts didn't fall out of your car. On mine, I discovered the day I picked it up I had a large screw laying in the P/S floor board. It was a large sheet-metal looking black screw. I attempted to look under the dash to see were it came from - but I couldn't find anywhere it would go. I put it up and hope it was just an extra that fell out of the hand of the yee-haa that was working under there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I told you my 305 lost the bolts for the rear sway-bar at Bullhead city, started to rattle from right rear so I got some bolts and 13 mm wrench at NAPA and installed and its been okay since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts