Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday afternoon coming home from church, I lost most of my breaks. Found out that I had no break fluid. Upon filling the cylinder, I did a visual for where it could be leaking. I found the back right caliper coated with fluid so I took off the wheel and tightened the break line. I had my wife pump the breaks while I bleed off the air, and it seemed to take care of the leak. I went ahead and bleed all four calipers, but I'm going to take it in Thursday to the dealer so they can check all the lines for any leaks. The breaks are also still a little spungy. i didn't want to do too much work bleeding off the brakes since it was under warrranty. I don't want them blaming me for the mess. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I'm taking it in tomorrow. Hopefully everything's fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dropped the car off today. They're going to order a new caliper just to be safe. It'll be here tomorrow. Real good service department at Leif Johnson Ford.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem with my Bullitt when I was up a Crater Lake about 70 miles up in the mountains. I noticed the brake light coming on and stopped to check the brake fluid and found it to be almost empty. I made it the rest of the way up the mountain and upon further inspection, I found the right rear brake caliper to be puking fluid all over the place. Took the car to Ford the next day and they had to replace the caliper and the wheel(due to clear coat damage). All is well now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts