Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This is my first posting. I just joined the club. I have been reading the Forum for some time though. I have had my car for about 3 weeks. I have a Black Bullitt and I Love it!!! It's pretty cool when people come around to take a look at it and try to figure out what it is.... Anyway, my question is, has any one followed up on designing and purchasing a louver design for the C-Pillar? I saw someone had some mocked up pictures but I can't find them anymore. I would love to add a little more retro look to my car.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like them. Maybe some enterprising chap will make some for us as a retro aftermarket piece. I for one would buy them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the first one too. Does anyone know someone that can make them? I would love to have them on my car!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think version 3 is the most "do-able" inasmuch as the there needs to be a way to cradle the louvers; if the design measurements are close enough, they could hopefully just pop into each rear quarter window frame and there would not be any "messing up" the actual C Pillar. They could be popped off for easy cleaning, etc.
I've been running around Kansas City looking for a fiberglass or plastic fabricator who might be willing to attempt such a louver. If I'm successful, I'll let everyone know because I'm sure they could sell more than just a few. With the unique shape of that quarter window, they obviously wouldn't fit on regular GT's or Cobras. Wish me luck; I want those louvers to become a reality!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Don't forget they need to stay attached at 135mph at least. I had a Ricer (Mitsubishi, don't tell anyone) and at 115 the door trim would disappear. Went to get into the car and I thought someone tried to break in. Found out later they loosened up at 95 and broke off around 115 mph.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very good point! If I find somebody willing to do this I'll be sure to make certain the louvers actually "louver", that is to say, allow air to pass thru, hopefully reducing the liklihood of losing them! I can just see me coughing up 3 or 400 bucks for these things only to see them fly off into the blue down I-35!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone had any luck trying to get the C-pillar louvers fabricated yet?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got a file not found error when I tried to use the link in the old thread. Any other locations for the pictures?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Whoops,,, Sorry about that. I revamped the site to make easier to maintain and upgrade.(Is that the same thing as a Divorce?)
I will add them back to the photo gallery tonight when I get home and post a new link here. Sorry.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still like number 1 but I think number 3 would be easier to produce and install. I wouldn't mind those if you could take them off to clean the glass or whatever. Anyone have any leads?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Remember that those louvers will cost you horse power dragging them through the air.

When a firebird puts his headlights up at night it takes 10 HP to push the car through the air at 55mph (this is according to an artical I read several years ago).

Even our hoodscoops cost us HP. I've considered buying an aftermarket hood that looks stock but has no scoop at all. It will have the outside ridges that raise up and then flat in between. If you look at the original bullitt hood....that's what I have in mind.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yea, I bet if you take off your mirrors and the door handles you will run 11's in the quater too.:razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green Bullitt on 2001-08-24 15:59 ]</font>

·
Registered
119 Posts
Green,
It's just info. If you want to be a 2 year old that's ok.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Relax, it was a joke. I remember making a post a while back that I was going to modify my stone guards by removing the mud flap. Several people said I was destroying what was unique about the Bullitt. But, adding this stuff isn't? It's a car, make it your own, have fun with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green Bullitt on 2001-08-24 19:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree. I couldn't care less what others do with thier car. I'm doing to mine what I want, after all isn't that what ownership is all about? The hood I talked about is for looks not to increase HP.

In a week I'm going to help a friend install a Vortech on his 99GT. Depending on how it turns out I may put the kit for the bullitt on #00615. Do I give a crap about collectability...NOT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts