Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Louver Quarter Window Install from SilverHorse Racing in Modified Mustangs & Fords

Louver Quarter Window

Install from

SilverHorse Racing
in
Modified Mustangs & Fords Magazine

Here is the most "Complete"

Thread on the install of

SHR LOUVERS

by,

GOT OATZ<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1943241", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "MikeandKaren"

Don't pass this (Very Informative) Step by Step Thread

Up as it Walks You through the Install All the Way !!!

LINK:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1898530&postcount=23

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bet those Gurney wheels would look good on the Bullitt....

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm giving it the Big Boys Try !!!!!!!!

Wheelman said:
Great info for us as usual. Thanks Terry. My buddy Rob aka 2008Bullitt0867 has them too. Really nice factory looking mod.
Mike,

I'm trying to keep "FRESH" information here for IMBOC Members & Guest .........

Makes the Site a lot more interesting to Log onto.

And or Drop by & Visit as a Guest to the IMBOC Site.

tigerhonaker

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,285 Posts
Flush mounts definitely look cool, but I didn't want to go that radical on the mod. I'm happy with my SLPs. Thanks for the heads up on the mag, Terry!

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Flush mounts definitely look cool, but I didn't want to go that radical on the mod. I'm happy with my SLPs. Thanks for the heads up on the mag, Terry!

I Like. More like the style used on the movie Bullitt,with the multiple vents IMHO.Are those SLPs mounted with the 3M adhesive tape? Do you have the thread for this type?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I feel the same way as you Jim,

but I wanted to delete the quarters so I went with the Astra Hammonds which are solid.

Love 'em

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StvMcQueen said:

Jim,

Just info. for those that might want to go that direction.

As you say they are not for everyone.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loop said:
I feel the same way as you Jim,

but I wanted to delete the quarters so I went with the Astra Hammonds which are solid.

Love 'em

Gregg,

Looking good Big Guy !!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheelman said:
Great info for us as usual. Thanks Terry. My buddy Rob aka 2008Bullitt0867 has them too. Really nice factory looking mod.
Mike,

They do LOOK the part if one can get them done Correctly.

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
When I or should I say we did the SHR install, I removed the interior and had a window company come out to my house to remove the factory glass and install the SHR louvers. They charged me $75 ,for there service.
They used way more sealant then I would of used!
After a day I checked the seal and reinstalled the interior:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackPony said:
When I or should I say we did the SHR install, I removed the interior and had a window company come out to my house to remove the factory glass and install the SHR louvers. They charged me $75 ,for there service.
They used way more sealant then I would of used!
After a day I checked the seal and reinstalled the interior:
They Look Terrific !!!!!!!!!!

I Really-Really like them and the Fact You can Still see out of them .........

Plus-1 !!!!!!!!!

Terry

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I think all of our Bullitt SCREAM louvers PLEASE :)

·
39,285 Posts
marichardson said:
I Like. More like the style used on the movie Bullitt,with the multiple vents IMHO.Are those SLPs mounted with the 3M adhesive tape? Do you have the thread for this type?
Yes, the SLPs are mounted with tape that's included. Won't come off (except with special solvent in trained hands). The website is: http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=M50022 and I hope it works. It was not loading here a minute ago, but you have to understand that I'm working with an Abraham Lincoln Signature Model computer and the vacuum tubes are very weak. :lol: Good luck!

I tried again, and the "SLP" site seems to have a hitch in its get-a-long. Here's another supplier with the SLP louvers, though. http://www.lmperformance.com/7820/73.html

·
39,285 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Jim,

Just info. for those that might want to go that direction.

As you say they are not for everyone.

tigerhonaker
Check. I like them, but I just think they give the car more of a '65-'66 look and I was shooting for '68. All a matter of taste, really. Thanks again, Terry!

P.S. I'm going to PM you in a while if I get time. Serious questions for ya. :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I talked to a guy with the SHR louvers on his mustang and asked him how the install went and he said they taped up the glass from the inside and the outside, then took a hammer that was wrapped up by a towel and busted the glass out. The tape held all the broken glass together and he said he didnt need the factory glass and there was no need to disassemble the interior that way. It worked.

Not sure if I would that method but it sure sounds easier.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Flipflopp said:
I talked to a guy with the SHR louvers on his mustang and asked him how the install went and he said they taped up the glass from the inside and the outside, then took a hammer that was wrapped up by a towel and busted the glass out. The tape held all the broken glass together and he said he didnt need the factory glass and there was no need to disassemble the interior that way. It worked.

Ahhh...the "Unga Bunga" method. :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Flipflopp said:

Might just be the way to go if you dont want to save the glass.

Time saver with a touch of vandalism...:wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts