Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a set of those for sale brand new. I need to list them on here. I'm not going to use them on my bullitt.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Quality looks good! I have a set for the 05 but I haven't gotten around to putting them in yet! Not sure what I am waiting on! They look Very good installed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those look pretty good! Do they require any permanent modifications to the car or can they be easily removed to restore the car to stock?

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to the link above and scroll down to the order area and open the drop down box they show the colors they come painted in from them and include PX - Highland Green for $334 for both sides.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
dro said:
Those look pretty good! Do they require any permanent modifications to the car or can they be easily removed to restore the car to stock?
Since you are cutting both stock windows out of your car and then sealing the louvers, you would have to cut out the louvers and re-seal the windows. They are not stick-on deals! I would consider this a permanent change.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Well maybe not permanent but a real pain if you wanted to go back to stock. What he means by cutting is the glass is held in place by sealant and not much else. So you slice the sealant and pull the glass free then more sealant and the louvers go in place. If I was getting an 08 to me it would be worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
LHD

droopysbullitt said:
Well maybe not permanent but a real pain if you wanted to go back to stock. What he means by cutting is the glass is held in place by sealant and not much else. So you slice the sealant and pull the glass free then more sealant and the louvers go in place. If I was getting an 08 to me it would be worth it.
Gregg is correct, Not permanent as no more permanent that the stock glass
but a PITA to swop out again if you wanted to as you have to take out the back seat and all trip around
the windows as well.
I really like these as they look like a lourvre but retains a view for safety, a real must if driving
a LHD car in a RHD country............

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
They retain a view but it appears to be a distorted view. I don't know how 'safe' that is.

remember Shelby got rid of louvers in the quarters for a window in his early cars, and that was for viability. It also looked good.

Personally, I'll leave the window in the '08

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
English Bob said:
Gregg is correct, Not permanent as no more permanent that the stock glass
but a PITA to swop out again if you wanted to as you have to take out the back seat and all trip around
the windows as well.
I really like these as they look like a lourvre but retains a view for safety, a real must if driving
a LHD car in a RHD country............
Both droopy and you are more precise than what I described. However, it would be a permanent change for me because it would indeed be a PITA to put back, and I would not want to do it!

Visibility is definitely the bigger concern, although I must say these are probably the best compromise between having some visbility and none at all.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I love when guys put these on the new style Mustangs. I think it adds a cool, clean look to the car, kinda like the older styles. Ive always wondered what the visibility would be on ones that Ive seen around here. I think that even if it is distorted, that allows enough visibility to see in your blind spot there, instead of seeing nothing at all like some of the other configurations ive seen. Definitely a good compromise between a sweet look and visibility.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Actually, I have a friend here in town that has them on his 05. He says that you can see out of them enough. :) It is a little distorted, but you can see through them okay. I still have that set for sale.... lol.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
ahh yes, the ONLY good set of louvers for the S197 cars :cool:
if I ever had one and did that mod, it would be those. I hate the ebay special stick on ones.

Now if someone will just make some with vents :cool: ;)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Those seem to be the best made so far. Seems they do offer visibility. If you wanted to get closer to the original 68 this may be nice. If it were my car I'd leave the factory glass in unless I was going to race then I would install them as vents after removing the glass they have (hoping it would make them functional).

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
Quality looks good! I have a set for the 05 but I haven't gotten around to putting them in yet! Not sure what I am waiting on! They look Very good installed
Don't put the louvers in the S197 car you have now. It definitely looks Shelbyesc with the white and blue paint. And like the man said, Ole' Shelby took the louvers out of his Mustangs and added the window!

As for show carsfor looks, and maybe lefties in a righty driving environment they are probably a good investment to maintain your quarter panels. :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Consider these louvers!

I personally like the looks of this 9-slot louver:

bullitt5.jpg

I think they are attractive, and come the closest I have seen to the original "look."

68.ford.mustang.bullitt.act.r34.500.jpg

A better view of the original louvers on the '68 model:

68_Mustang_louvers.jpg

Frankly, the thought of removing the rear quarter window glass and installing the silverhorseracing louvers leaves me a little queasy: the look isn't anything like the '68, and I am also concerned about the quality of visibility through the polycarbonate pieces that replace the glass when I am quickly glancing to check my blind spot, and just in general.

While I don't have them installed yet, I have the impression from this photo that the visibility through these 9-slot louvers should be pretty good:

9slot_louvers.jpg

And, with these, it would be a very simple matter to restore the car to its original, stock condition.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
dhartson said:
I personally like the looks of this 9-slot louver:

View attachment 9264

I think they are attractive, and come the closest I have seen to the original "look."

View attachment 9265

A better view of the original louvers on the '68 model:

View attachment 9267

Frankly, the thought of removing the rear quarter window glass and installing the silverhorseracing louvers leaves me a little queasy: the look isn't anything like the '68, and I am also concerned about the quality of visibility through the polycarbonate pieces that replace the glass when I am quickly glancing to check my blind spot, and just in general.

While I don't have them installed yet, I have the impression from this photo that the visibility through these 9-slot louvers should be pretty good:

View attachment 9268

And, with these, it would be a very simple matter to restore the car to its original, stock condition.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Looks good--who makes/sells them?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts