Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of another person on here who has had this problem and I was wondering what ford had to do/replace in order to fix the fuel gauge. If they have to go into the dash, forget it! After they put it back together, it will rattle more than a Camaro!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
mine did it to me the other day, but i'm still on the same tank of gas, so it hasn't had a chance to repeat. somebody else started a post on this problem, but i don't think it was taken to the shop. i'm keeping a close eye on mine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have seen this problem before and it was caused by improperly seated gas filler cap.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yea, I'm thinking gas cap problem, too. It's amazing what a bad cap seal can do.

I don't know if the low fuel light has anything to do with low tank pressure, but it would make sense.

I would definately replace the gas cap before butchering my dashboard.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I posted that message. I had just filled the tank and this started happening out of the Blue :wink: Take your gas cap off and then put back on. I bet the guage starts working fine again :wink: In the software industry we call this "As Designed" :wink:

Hope this helps.

Bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts