Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get this maybe once a week and I dint see anyone write about it.

Every once and a while I get a warning buzzer go off and the dans says low oil pressure the dealer changer the oil pressure switch but I still get the same problem once and a while.

Any of you ever get this?

Mag.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Hopefully the dealer checked the oil pressure using an actual guage to verify the pressure.

Years ago, my mother had a "bow tie" which had oil pressure issues very early due to a defective main bearing from the factory.

I would be back to the dealer as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
speaking of oil pressure where is the normal range on the gauge mine runs more toward the high side not scary high but a bit above halfway is this normal for this car?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
The oil pressure and charge "gauges" are really nothing more than glorified idiot lights. They always go to the same spot if there is charge or oil pressure. If they stay at 0 then you have problems. I've read speculation that Ford didn't put a real oil pressure gauge in because most people (present company excepted) don't know how to read one. I had a Tundra with a real gauge and subscribed to a Tundra website. For years people would post in a panic because the gauge would go up in winter, go down at idle, move up slightly with the AC on etc etc. I wish I had a real gauge but I'm sure Ford avoided millions of calls to their dealers by putting in the "idiot light" instead.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The Ford "oil pressure gauge" is the most useless gauge ever in automotive history in my opinion...especially when they even have an idiot light on the dash as well. It makes me angry that I go out to start my B when its 15 degrees here in Michigan and the oil pressure reads "normal" right in the middle. If it were a real gauge that thing on a cold start on a cold morning should be almost pegged to the H. Then after it warms up and idling it should be reading a little below the half mark and fluxuating continuously with changing engine speed.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Nick your stays in the middle mine hovers just above mid point was wondering where the "standard spot" for these is and if I should be concerned about mine being above mid point?

·
Registered
243 Posts
first ford said:
Nick your stays in the middle mine hovers just above mid point was wondering where the "standard spot" for these is and if I should be concerned about mine being above mid point?
Mine is just above half as well. It is fine. The only 2 positions you will see on that "idiot light gauge" is just above half when its running, or all the way to the "L", either, if the engine is off, or you have an oil pressure problem.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Thank you was just wondering if it was normal spot for it.now i can drive it like i stole it

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your problem is not normal and needs to be fixed.

Bottom line, DO NOT run your engine for another second until you are prepared to determine if you are actually having a low oil pressure occurrence or not. You will need a true OIL PRESSURE GAUGE. If your oil pressure is truly dropping, it needs to be fixed, before the lack of lubrication damages your bearing surfaces and other moving parts that depend on a fully functional engine oil system to live a long and happy life.

If it is a monitoring system failure rather than an actual oil system failure, you are not at risk of doing the major permanent damage, but it still needs to be properly diagnosed and repaired as soon as possible.

I have made a pretty good living diagnosing problems and fixing them. The biggest problem today is most automobile technicians (Formally known as automobile mechanics) have no idea how to troubleshoot a problem, and they simply replace parts until (hopefully) they "fix" the problem.

Your problem is not normal and needs to be fixed.

Magnum59l said:
I get this maybe once a week and I dint see anyone write about it.

Every once and a while I get a warning buzzer go off and the dans says low oil pressure the dealer changer the oil pressure switch but I still get the same problem once and a while.

Any of you ever get this?

Mag.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Most techs just want to lift up the antenna and slide a new car under it .

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
mmdpg is correct in his post. Consumers were complaining about the readings on their gauges. You can't blame Ford for the buyers stupidity..

However, I think you're issue should be checked out more thourghly.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Hey fox I notice couldnt help but notice that you have a supercharger in your bullitt also see that the strut bar is gone due to clearence ive been told, was wondering if you could put some sort of shim or washers between the strut tower and the bottom of the strut bar to gain clearence or then would the hood not close?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I went to a local machine shop and they said they think they could fabricate something that would make it work. I think after the first of the year I'm taking it back to see what they can do.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the Results are in thanks to my Self oil pressure is fine it's a internal malfonction on the monitering system all Sensors where changed and still once and a while that darn light will come on!!!

Dealer said well we done pretty much everything we could so Run it and maybe next time you will get a new engine...

I told them I would trade them of a new 5.4l Shelby engine all I got where dirty looks...

I tried :)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Magnum59l said:
Dealer said well we done pretty much everything we could so Run it and maybe next time you will get a new engine...
Insert "International NOT ACCEPTABLE ANSWER" sign here.

I'd find me another Dealer, or at the very least give Ford Customer Service a call about it.

Could be as simple as an intermittent-open wire or something (do these engines use CAN Bus for all the sensors - anyone know?) equally frustrating for the tech to diagnose, hence they're hoping you'll Go Away if they ignore you long-enough.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I am not going away. I am persistant even more when it comes to my Car :) Right now it's sleeping in my garage for the winter so I been checking things here and there (used to do this for a living for a other brand) So if I am lucky by the time spring comes around problem will be taken care of.

(I Hope)

So far pretty much the whole front of the car in apart... Dont you just love electronic's...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry,it may not be solution to the low oil pressure,but i raced a built 5.0 with a stock 2 valve. hit the rev limiter pretty hard and that was my problem!Hopefully thats your dilema.Blew two coil packs,bam!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As long as you won it's what counts.

RIght now #1595 is in bed probably to mid April to much snow Again today 12 More inches...

I am so fed up of snow not even funny...

So as soon a B is out of storage it's going to the dealer (again) found a few more minnor issues while running a clay bar on it 2 weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.