Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This doesn't happen often, only when 2942 has sat for a few days. When I start it up the Low Oil Pressure warning pops on for a couple of seconds (if that)and then goes off. At first I wasn't too concerned about it but its been doing it for about four weeks now. How concerned should I be?

·
Registered
417 Posts
My old 05 used to do that... mostly when I turned the key to the "on" position and left it there for a few seconds. When I had my dealership check on it they said they couldn't find a problem.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
megame2942 said:
I'm using Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil with a FRAM oil filter. Oil level is fine.
Don't use Fram. Stick with the Ford filter. Generalconsensus here and on other sites is that the Fram filter is junk.

I would change the filter immediately and see if it goes away. If not, get it to a dealer.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ditch the Fram filter immediately!Do not take it to the dealer with any oil pressure concerns real or imagined and let them see a Fram filter on your car.You might as well kiss the engine warranty goodbye!Something about a piece of the plastic drainback valve coming loose and lodging up in the oil passages.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
08 Shifter said:
Ditch the Fram filter immediately!Do not take it to the dealer with any oil pressure concerns real or imagined and let them see a Fram filter on your car.You might as well kiss the engine warranty goodbye!Something about a piece of the plastic drainback valve coming loose and lodging up in the oil passages.
DITTO!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Thanks Everyone. I went with a K&N oil filter. I found a couple of web sites that stated the Fram filter was poorly made and concerns of the cardboard end caps deteriorating and coming loose. I have used Fram for at least 20 years and never had a problem. Anyway, the doubt was not worth my engine.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
megame2942 said:
Hey Thanks Everyone. I went with a K&N oil filter. I found a couple of web sites that stated the Fram filter was poorly made and concerns of the cardboard end caps deteriorating and coming loose. I have used Fram for at least 20 years and never had a problem. Anyway, the doubt was not worth my engine.
I too used Fram for 15 years or more - and didn't pay any attention to the claims of shoddy construction - until I finally cut one apart to see for myself.

I still use the air-filters, but no-longer use the oil filters.

And on the opinion of the quality of Motorcraft - I believe they're such a good-quality filter, I even use them on my Mopars (where there's an application that fits - if not, I use Wix).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also agree Fram is junk

Amsoil got a new EAO filter that is synthetic fiber instead of the paper and it flows really well, I noticed oil pressure seems builds quicker with it even over the motorcraft filters.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
megame2942 said:
Did that resolve the problem, or are you still getting the light?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lightning said:
Did that resolve the problem, or are you still getting the light?
No, the warning has not popped up but I have had to drive 2942 everyday this week. I need to let her sit for a few days (because this is the only time it happens) and that will happen this weekend when I take the family for a week to Schlitterbans Water Park for a pre deployment vacation. Gosh, I am going to miss her. :sad:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pre-deployment, will be in our prayers. I have gone through that myself in Desert Shield/Storm. Pleased to know they have family get together with pre-deployment.
Jimmy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.