Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the upper grill honeycombs are solid in a few places to possibly hide the hood latch and other things - but primarily to prevent excess air into the engine compartment that would cause the hood to flutter at higher speeds.

What is the purpose of the lower grill honeycombs being solid?

Fot those of you who have either cut out the honeycombs on the lower grill or replaced it with the Agent 47 grill, have you experienced any hood flutter?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have replaced the lower grill with the Agent 47 version. I had it painted DHG. I have not noticed any additonal flutter, but as near as I can tell my hood tends to bulge in the middle, across the hood. It doesn't bother me too much, but I always get out and check the latch B4 I start a high speed run. JMTC :rolleyes:

·
Registered
165 Posts
spea66 said:
I have replaced the lower grill with the Agent 47 version. I had it painted DHG. I have not noticed any additonal flutter, but as near as I can tell my hood tends to bulge in the middle, across the hood. It doesn't bother me too much, but I always get out and check the latch B4 I start a high speed run. JMTC :rolleyes:
Any pics?

·
Registered
92 Posts
96lasersnake:

I am in the process of getting pics of all mods now. Will post as soon as I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts