Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they installed Lower & Upper Control Arms and achieved better 60' times with them? I am a little skeptical that I will see very much improvement in 60' times with this mod. I installed lower control arms on my 2000 GT many years ago, but I really couldn't tell any difference in traction.

Would it require installing adjustable uppers for better bite from setting pinion angle?

Any experience with these would be of value to me.
THANKS!

·
Registered
454 Posts
In my other Mustang, I installed HPM Megabite JR's and solid uppers, and there was a .2-.3 gain in my 60ft times. I didn't get adjustable uppers either, just fixed solid arms. I believe that as far as lowers go, you'll see much more gain with those that use the relocation brackets like the Megabites than you will with a standard arm.

I will use the Megabite JRs on the Bullitt as well when the time comes for that.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich01Bullitt said:
In my other Mustang, I installed HPM Megabite JR's and solid uppers, and there was a .2-.3 gain in my 60ft times. I didn't get adjustable uppers either, just fixed solid arms. I believe that as far as lowers go, you'll see much more gain with those that use the relocation brackets like the Megabites than you will with a standard arm.

I will use the Megabite JRs on the Bullitt as well when the time comes for that.
Rich,
Thanks for the input!
Was that gain with DRs or regular street tires? It may not matter, but I am trying to get what I can with my regular street tires.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That was on street tires, with the bars set to the stickiest setting, I think it was the top hole. It's been a while, so my memory is failing me.....lol

They made a huge difference on the street also. Instead of the back end dipping down on take-off, it actually feels like it's raising it up.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Uppers and lowers should definitely help your 60' time as well as all around traction. If you get some lift bars or traction bars that have the relocation brackets your are increasing anti squat which why it feels like the car is lifting or rising.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fromthecoast said:
Uppers and lowers should definitely help your 60' time as well as all around traction. If you get some lift bars or traction bars that have the relocation brackets your are increasing anti squat which why it feels like the car is lifting or rising.
Chris,
Do you have experience with either the lift style configuration or the regular/stock type configuration?

Are the lift style lowers more likely to provide the additional bite which I am looking for?

I am currently leaning toward the Mega Bite Jr units due to my belief that these would best enhance my traction for lower 60' times.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
I have the Maximum Motorsports HD LCA's and stock uppers (MM recommended). The MM LCA's have poly bushings on one end and spherical on the other. I have no wheel hop. The car spins but there's no substitue for good rubber.

Larry (Mus408) has the MM extreme duty LCA's that have spherical bushings front and back. I don't know if he has had it at the track yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts