Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lowering your Bullitt, have you had any problems with the mud flap things hitting the ground? That is one of my biggest concerns about lowering 3143.

Thanks,
-Jason

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I had 2679 lowered another 1" when I added MRT's Street Performance Springs. No issues in normal driving, but you need to be careful when going over speed bumps or anything similar.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Phs my mudflaps have alldready been ripped off once, and I havn't even installed my SS springs yet :eek:

And kind of lowering would result in the mudflaps becoming more vulerable. What springs are you looking into. I suggest Eibach Sportlines, i got the H&R SS only because i got a good deal on them. the eibachs make the car sit perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
293 is on eibach sportlines, no real problems normal driving, but as said above watch out for speed bumps, holes, etc..

·
Registered
923 Posts
I had trouble with it hitting on speed bumps with stock suspension and tires...

How has 3143 been treating you, Jason?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would stay away from Eibach cuz they always sag after a couple of years.

·
Registered
967 Posts
my passenger side mud flap came off but idk if it was before or after i put on my H&R super sports. watch out for speed bumps steep driveways and other stuff like that. it drives great but i highly recommend getting a set of caster camber plates with what ever you get.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
1543 rides on BBK specfic rates, lowers car another 3/4 inch, no scrapping problems at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had Steeda Sports, H&R SS and Eibach Sportlines on other mustangs. I was thinking about going with Steeda Sports and just do all 4 stages of their suspension. 3143 has been treating me fine. I think the throw out bearing is going again, it's making a slight chirping noise. Other than that, just fine.

-Jason

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
???? No one I know has ever had that problem.
Oh then I must know the wrong people. Cuz they have all told me how the springs start to sag after time. I also seen some cars. So thats y I have kept my distance.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That throw-out bearing is less than a year old. It was put in January 8th, right after the Silver Springs show.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I wouldn't lower the 2001 any more than it already is. It is dangerously low. On clean roads it is low enough but you don't have to go over anything very big to run a perilous risk and we know that road debris can pop up at any time. If there was anything I would change with the suspension on 1276 it would be to bring it up to standard GT ride height. I've had too many close calls.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I wouldn't lower the 2001 any more than it already is. It is dangerously low. On clean roads it is low enough but you don't have to go over anything very big to run a perilous risk and we know that road debris can pop up at any time. If there was anything I would change with the suspension on 1276 it would be to bring it up to standard GT ride height. I've had too many close calls.

and then go ahead and add some muddin tired to that 4x4 while your at it. lol

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
OGBATMAN said:
Oh then I must know the wrong people. Cuz they have all told me how the springs start to sag after time. I also seen some cars. So thats y I have kept my distance.

you've been hanging around with the wrong crowd :lol:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
NAAAAAAAAAAA ... that's not necessary. Stock GT ride height if not remaining original would be just fine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, it looks like I may have to go with 03/04 Cobra side skirts to be able to get the ride height i'm looking for.

As for the throw out bearing, when your foot is not touching the clutch pedal you can hear a slight grinding sound, but when you touch the pedal it stops. Also, it chirps a little and the same thing, touch the pedal and it stops. That is why I think it's the throw out bearing.

-Jason

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
987 Posts
jason2004gt said:
Well, it looks like I may have to go with 03/04 Cobra side skirts to be able to get the ride height i'm looking for.

As for the throw out bearing, when your foot is not touching the clutch pedal you can hear a slight grinding sound, but when you touch the pedal it stops. Also, it chirps a little and the same thing, touch the pedal and it stops. That is why I think it's the throw out bearing.

-Jason
Did u have your flywheel resurfaced? If not that could be y u have that problem.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kevin did the throw out bearing when he had 3143. I am going to replace the flywheel, clutch, etc... It's just gonna take a little bit of time. Come on tax return. LOL

-Jason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts