Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will ya'll post pics of your Bullitts with different lowering springs? I am really looking for Bullitts with Steeda Sport springs if anyone has them.

Thanks in advance.
-Jason

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Sorry jason, mine has BBK specfic rate springs that lower the car another 3/4 in for stock. Thats my preference.

·
Car Whisperer
20,806 Posts
signature has the vogtlands on mine.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mine r coilovers sorry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I think I am going with Steeda, just so I can can do it all in stages. Do you know if there strut tower brace will fit, since our intake is different?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have Steeda Sports and was disappointed with the difference in height. It might have been about a 1/2 inch drop. Nothing visually noticeable. The ride is good, very similar to stock but it holds a bit better. I would go with something else were I to do it again.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Bullitt2436KM said:
hows the ride with the sportlines? did you do any shocks or CC plates?
I have the sportlines with poly urathane iscolator pads all around in my '03 GT,and the ride quality is fine,i think anyways,and i have stock shocks in the rear,and Lakewood 90/10 drag struts up front with stock sway bars still intact....And you will need C&C plates with the sportlines.No way around this one.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sportlines give the perfect stance, in my opinion.

It is also my opinion that you will suffer some degregation of ride quality. You will bottom out more (but not on everything) and they seem to "bounce" a little (for lack of a better term).

I had them on my previous Bullitt, so I do have a point of reference. My current Bullitt has Ford Racing 1995 Mustang Cobra R Front and Rear Springs. Thats not to say that the springs on my current car are better than the Eibachs. I have a lot more suspension mods on this car:

Tokico Illumina 5 Way Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Steeda HD Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Steeda Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda HD Upper Rear Control Arms
Steeda Camber/Caster Plates
Steeda Full Length Subframe Connectors
Kenny Brown Jacking Rails

My last car has the Eibach Sportlines and nothing else as far as suspension mods.

This is a pic of my CURRENT Bullitt:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
Sportlines give the perfect stance, in my opinion.

It is also my opinion that you will suffer some degregation of ride quality. You will bottom out more (but not on everything) and they seem to "bounce" a little (for lack of a better term).

I had them on my previous Bullitt, so I do have a point of reference. My current Bullitt has Ford Racing 1995 Mustang Cobra R Front and Rear Springs. Thats not to say that the springs on my current car are better than the Eibachs. I have a lot more suspension mods on this car:

Tokico Illumina 5 Way Adjustable Shocks/Struts
Steeda HD Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Steeda Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda HD Upper Rear Control Arms
Steeda Camber/Caster Plates
Steeda Full Length Subframe Connectors
Kenny Brown Jacking Rails

My last car has the Eibach Sportlines and nothing else as far as suspension mods.

This is a pic of my CURRENT Bullitt:

Off topic but it's gotta be said.....Holy cow your car looks good!!!
:eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts