Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon viewing a post called bullitt bites or someting like that I decided to post a response to the comments over there. You can find their very intelligent answers under forums, then going to kill stories. Basicly people over there with the exception of a select few feel that this car is garbage. Nobody likes it and they say mustangs are suited for only girls and weaklings. My reponse was try to buy a 2003 f-body and well.... that didn't go to well. People think that we run high 20's in the quarter and that we make 120rwhp. Yeah the almighty f-body is the best car ever that is why they can't give them away and the 6cyl. looks exactly like the v-8. WOW!!!!!!!! 10 more grand buys you 1. a really spiffy hood(unless you buy a z-28), 2. different rims and 3. a plastic badge on the decklid 4. maybe just maybe you get a really cool sporty spoiler with two bars in it to make it look different from a 6 cyl. They may be fast but nothing else. Oh well. now that these are going away all future wannabe f-body owners will be driving a mustang.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I assume a F-body is a camaro/Transam?

If so, yeah, it's the best car ever...that's why they quit making them. LOL

As an aside, I've noticed something on other auto-related messageboards...99% of the people on them are little kids or little adults who seem to spend WAY too much time in front of a computer.

Sometime I wonder if they actually own the cars they have in their banners. You guys can probably guess which forum I'm referring to.

THIS forum (bullittclub) however, is excellent. A real class act, I say.

I'm trying to say you need to ignore those morons on whatever forum you were reading/posting on. They are living a life of fantasy. :smile:

Scott D.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott D on 2001-12-10 20:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
Some of the other Mustang sites aren't any different. That's what sets this site apart from ALL the rest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-12-10 20:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
260 Posts
I always thought them Camaros/Firebirds were for weaklings, and the car looks good ONLY...yes, ONLY... from my rearview mirror!

I test drove a 2001 Firebird at Carmax 4 months ago just to see what the car was all about. Other than 6 speed and 320 horses (same as SVT) I thought it was horrible.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Camaros ARE girl's cars! That's why they look so effeminate.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You guys will love this! Guess what I traded in on my Bullitt?

A 1997 Pontiac Trans Am 6-speed.

Although I have had 3 F-bods ('87 bird, '88 Formula 350, and '97 T/A), I have to admit, I dont once regret getting rid of the T/A. I love the Bullitt, and yeah, the F-bods are faster, but heck, they damn well better be. They have damn near 70 cubes on us and push out about 50 more horses. I have a buddy that has a 2000 Ram Air, he won't dare race me because he knows I'll blow his doors off. Not because of power, because we know that is a fallacy, but because I can outdrive him and can get cleaner launches. A driver plays a key role in this game.
One thing that I must say I am dissappointed in, is the level of maturity and conceitedness coming from these F-bod owners like their [email protected] does not stink. As a devout GM owner('70 Chevelle and '88 Park Avenue), I must say I am pleased with my Bullitt and would not trade it for anything, even a 2003 Trans Am, oh wait, they're not making any. Had to. :grin:
P.S. My dad works for FORD, and just bought his first FORD product in history last year. I guess times are a changing...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been on a few boards and this one is excellent! I really like the people on here and the few I have met in person are really good people. I am going to try and meet more Bullittheads next year at car shows.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The one difference about them Camaro/Firebird cars and the Mustang is that this mustang feels... mmm... ...Tight!
:razz:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Max Cruz on 2001-12-10 23:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am a member of LS1.com and I have to say that not all members there are like that, me for one. Do not let a couple of hotheads get to you or make you hate a particular car. The car did nothing to you! I have respect for both my Bullitt and my Trans Am Ram Air. As a matter of fact, in that same thread "Bullitt Bites....." I defended the Bullitt. Read the other posts because the Kill Stories posts can get out of hand sometimes.

I like LS1.com but then again, it cannot compare to BullittClub.com!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know what you mean about ls1.com site. There are a few level headed guys on that board, but the majority seem to take the
mustang/camaro wars just a little to personal. The site i like the best is at yahoo, type in "slp engin". Once there you can search your way into the 2002 camaro ss,
slp message forum..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG 2766 on 2001-12-11 10:09 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
aaahh, who cares what anybody else thinks???
as long as i keep grinin' when i drive it,...that's all that matters!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
what was that Karl? a Pinto?
(just kidding folks!)
was at my parents house for lunch Monday and a little old (80's??)lady comes driving up the street in a yellow Pinto. looked like it was about 1 to 2 years old and in perfect condition.(she probably puts about 100 miles a year on it!) even though the car was a joke,..it was still kinda cool to see!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Another interesting little fact I read somewhere ...the Mustang GT COSTS MORE than a Camaro Z28 and has LESS horsepower !! So WHY does it outsell the Firebird and the Camaro and the both of them COMBINED !! and it has been doing it for almost 10 years !! ...3 to 1 !!The article went on to say that Ford has invested money in the Mustang on R&D and the F-body's have basically remained unchanged for almost 10 years!!! Remind those die hard Camaro fans of that little fact...Sure it's faster in a straight line, and would be great for a track toy but I don't spend 25K for a track toy !! and the last time I checked I couldn't go ANYWHERE just driving in a straight line :smile: and god forbid you actually have to look behind you cause we all know you won't see anything through that huge blindspot !! My best friend has a 97 Z28 and I admit it is SICK fast but I wouldn't trade it for a second for my Bullitt...to me the Camaro LOOKS CHEAP... the interior, the cheesy looking body panels and ground effects, the interior controls, not too mention it handles like a big wet turd...nothing really impresses me with the Camaro.....now don't get me wrong I LOVE my '63 Impala SS and my dad's '55 2 door hardtop Bel-Air ...but chevy just doesn't make 'em like they used to :sad:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah we get some heat from those LS-1 guys,mainly for our lack of size,engine cubes,but most of them aren't that bad. When I took the Bullitt to the track,on a Friday eve,I was surrounded by a sea of them nasty F-bodies,while trying to get a 13 out of the Bullitt. Most of them had good things to say about the car.....Just wish I had driven the 85 LX there that particular night,with it's 357 cubes!!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Those who have a true appreciation for fine cars will warm up to Bullitts nicely. A friend of mine, upon realizing I had a Bullitt, said he'd trade his 01 Z-28 for a Bullitt. When I was at HRP, JB and I were approached by a few LS1 drivers and were told we had nice cars. :smile:

Though I've never personally been to LS1.com, No wait, I take that back, I think I did to rice around, every board has an idiot. I'm the board idiot on this site! :smile: In TRS, there are many idiots. So, its only a matter of time before idiots come. Then just the long wait before the idiots go...

BUT I"M HERE TO STAY!!! Unless my Bullitt dies on me somehow. :wink:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Keep in mind, only a small number of members in LS1.com are idiots. Also, by reading what some of you wrote here, you guys are no better (no flames!).

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
FLAME!!! :razz:eek:of: I guess I'm not as magical as I thought. hehehehe..

I'd agree with you on that, they're just letting off some steam. Too many people bash on Mustangs and act like the F-bodies are some bad ass Sh%t. But, hey, that's ok. :smile:

·
Registered
437 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-12 09:30, Los wrote:
FLAME!!! :razz:eek:of: I guess I'm not as magical as I thought. hehehehe..

I'd agree with you on that, they're just letting off some steam. Too many people bash on Mustangs and act like the F-bodies are some bad ass Sh%t. But, hey, that's ok. :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I had no flamming intention in mind, please understand that. It's just that this site is a lot different from other sites in which 95% of content are nothing but flames and bashing, and it would be nice to keep it that way. Don't flame on a particular car because someone decides to bash yours. I defend the f-body when need be and the same with the Mustang (defend-I mean in a nice way - no bashing).

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
HEY Mus408!!!!
QUIT TALKING ABOUT OUR LACK OF "SIZE"!!!!!
i'm starting to feel inadaquate!!-ROFL

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hate ,hate....Never mind I just enjoy hanging around people who love cars in general.We meet at a local spot here in new braunfels and san antonio texas area.In fact most are camaros and only 2 maybe 3 BULLITTS.At least when it comes to racing time,if I cant do the job my friend tony and his vortech supercharged BULLITT can.......He Hee.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts