Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to the thread I've started in the 08/09 Discussion part of the Forum on the lump inside the driver's seat. I think it's the airbag system improperly installed. There are pics of the bump at post number 7. Here's one of them...

I hope no one else has this problem, but you all should check to make sure.

I have an appointment to take it to my dealer on Monday morning. (They're too busy to see me this week. :( )

Steve

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
not at all like that on mine steve.. time to take her to the dealer when you have to go for other things ( 1st lof perhaps? )

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Hopefully it's not Testicular Seat Cancer.............

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Six other Bullitts have reported this DEFECT!

Thanks to you all, I now know of Six other Bullitts with this problem. Here's what I wrote on the other thread on this problem.

The bottom line: I'm asking all who have this problem to report it to Ford Customer Service ASAP. I think this is a DEFECT, possibly deserving of a recall or Service Bulletin.

Thanks for the support! :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On both seats?

MustangLynda said:
Checked and I have the same lumps
Sorry to hear that, Lynda. That makes Seven other Bullitts. :(

Just to be clear, that's on both seats? :question:

Steve

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I have read the title to this thread I don't know how many times. And all I could think about was that there might be a cellulite problem. I finally broke down and clicked on and opened up the thread and read it. Boy do I feel relived! I was starting to worry that someone had a personal butt problem...

And yes, Ford should fix these lumps. Doctors will not be required. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
badasbullitt said:
The pilot vehicle had the same ones in the video.
I saw that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my humble opinion, this is definitely a design flaw. Whatever mechanism is in there - airbag or lumbar support - it shouldn't be threatening (over time) to punch through the material on the side of the seat! :rolleyes: :eek:

Steve

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was in today for an oil change we looked at my car a GT500 and 3 GTs with leather and all of them had the lump. The only car that did not have the lump was a cloth car. I had them log it just in case.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
SteveNYC said:
I saw that. :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my humble opinion, this is definitely a design flaw. Whatever mechanism is in there - airbag or lumbar support - it shouldn't be threatening (over time) to punch through the material on the side of the seat! :rolleyes: :eek:

Steve
I agree that it is a potential wear issue over time. Mine has something in there with a slight bulging out, but there is no 'bump' protruding like yours. No difference if I move the seatback forward or not.

My steering wheel center also has a vertical crease on the top half. I wonder if that will crack in time from sunlight/heat wear.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I went to my dealer to have a look. 4 Bullitts, 4 GT500's all have the "lump"

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wolfie said:
I went to my dealer to have a look. 4 Bullitts, 4 GT500's all have the "lump"
Thanks for doing that, Wolfie!

I find it hard to believe that this situation has just been hanging out there without Ford doing something about it... but I guess since it doesn't affect how Mustang's run... isn't a defect that could cause a fire hazard or something... that it's just gone under the radar screens of those in charge of seat quality control.

Well... off to my dealer in the morning! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What my dealer says, so far. Key phrase: "TSB on this"

3972 and I went to DiBlasi Ford this morning. I told them not just about the bulge but that 12 or so other Bullitts in the club had told me they have this problem too. I said I was the first to take it to a dealer.

"So you're the guinea pig," my service rep said, kidding around. "Yeah," I said, and then reported the sound I heard a week ago when making a slow, right hand turn... which (at the time) sounded like I had hit a pot hole and lost one of my mufflers. :confused:

After making my way home on foot and subway in already blistering heat, I waited for the call... which didn't come until 5pm.

"We wound up getting the manager involved," I was told. "There's a TSB on this. There are broken parts in your seat. We're not sure how we're going to fix it yet, but we want to be careful so as not to scratch your car."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

When I asked if they could give me any news about the sound I had heard, he said "We'll get to that tomorrow. We want to fix the seat first."

I said I had heard claims that you can take the seat cover off a car's seats... but didn't see how that could be done on leather seats without messing them up. He said "I don't what we'll wind up doing yet." (something like that)

So... tune in tomorrow... when I'll do my best to get the TSB number (as well as my Bullitt!)... unless they tell me they need more time.

I give them credit for saying they want to be careful. Maybe my vanity plates, side mirror covers, and other details made them realize this aint just your ordinary Mustang! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm open to any advice on what - if anything - I should do. (Ask for a completely new seat??? Just let them do whatever they think is best???) :question:

I did a Google search to try and find this TSB and couldn't find it. (Maybe someone else in IMBOC can???) :confused:

"The adventure continues..."

:coo:

Steve

PS What do you think of my new sig? :wink:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts