Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Bullitt at the track this morning & I ran very consistent mid-14's. My best time was a 14.42 @ 98.42 mph. My 60' time on that run was 2.286, which was by far my best time out of the hole. I had trouble getting traction on several runs, but that's due to the stock tires (I hope). The car had just over 1200 miles & it is stone stock. There were several Cobra's there; the only stock one I saw ran a 14.1 against me, but I had him beat through 2nd gear. The only 2001 GT there was running high to mid 14's, the best I saw him run was 14.6. I saw he had a cold air system & someone told me he was running 3.73's. So a stock Bullitt should definitely be faster than a GT with modest upgrades. Temperature was in the 80's as the day wore on, but it wasn't too humid. All in all, a good day at the track. Everyone liked the Bullitt, especially the color (True Blue). Two Cobra owners said they were thinking of ordering the Bullitt side scallops & one kid wanted to know if he could get the Bullitt intake (I told him to ask Ford racing). People were friendly; I talked to a few TA & Camaro owners too, & they were interested in the Bullitt, too. I don't kow why people at BON are always dissing each other (Cobra, LS-1), everyone there today was real nice & I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

P.S. - I had less than 1/4 tank of gas on all my runs, which helped a bit too, I'm sure.
01 Bullitt #1697
94 Caprice 9C1
85 Mustang GT
80 F250
70 Monte Carlo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rancorkeeper on 2001-06-29 16:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
I keep saying it over and over, we really have something special in our hands. Great job at the track and by the way you're right about the general commradarie among US muscle car owners. At least that's been my experience too. Just 30 more days before the transport ship arrives to these shores with my baby then I'm off to the track also.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I love these sorts of posts. It helps everyone get a better feel for what the car can do. Thanks for posting this! :smile:

And I believe that you are both right. As an IT professional who works on and with the 'net each day, I can tell you that the Internet tends to bring out the worst in people most of the time. People say and do things they would never do in person (anonymity). Usually when you meet fellow car buffs in person, everyone is VERY COOL.

DHG #1161

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittoid on 2001-06-29 14:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Josh
Nice going. I was wondering how the car would do, especially running it stock. It looked for a while this morning like it was going to rain. Glad you guys got to run.
Hope to meet up with you soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-29 14:45, Bullittoid wrote:
I love these sorts of posts. It helps everyone get a better feel for what the car can do. Thanks for posting this! :smile:

And I believe that you are both right. As an IT professional who works on and with the 'net each day, I can tell you that the Internet tends to bring out the worst in people most of the time. People say and do things they would never do in person (anonymity). Usually when you meet fellow car buffs in person, everyone is VERY COOL.

DHG #1161

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullittoid on 2001-06-29 14:49 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>I have been to hte track in my gt and my bullitt at first my gt was faster in the quarter mile i ran a 13.99 in the gt with 4400 miles on it went there with the bullitt straight from the dealership ran a 14 flat in it ... went back down there last weekend and ran a 13.77...But They still dont beat my 89 ... See ya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts