1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
very niiice

·
Registered
506 Posts
Should be a C32 AMG ????????? but prob just a wimpy C class.........

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kaylan1521 said:
Very nice Karl. Does she miss the Cougar yet? Congrats
Well, since we just picked up Sunday, she really hasn't had time. The Cougar is sitting outside (only so much room in a 3 car garage) and she said she felt bad leaving it there, but that didn't last long when she saw the new car in the garage.

It is only C230 Sport, which has some AMG trim; Exhaust tips, lower body clading, lower front grill etc. It sure has a lot of bells & whistles. I was surprised she liked the Sport over the Luxury model. I haven't even driven it yet, but I did drive an 06 model. The 07 does have a bunch of nice changes.

I think she'll be pretty happy...

...me, I was drooling over the the GT3 in the next show room! The SLK55 wasn't too bad either, pretty good power to weight ratio. (355hp)

This place sells, Mercedes, Porsche, Lexus, Jaguar, Volvo & Land Rover!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Looks like a cool ride, Karl! :cool:

Happy Birthday, Lynda! :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
kfengler said:
I figure this is worth a LOT of browny points! :D :D :D

...let me see, What does Karl want...!!! :wink:
A Bullitt...

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we put about 600 miles on her car this weekend, and I can say for a smaller car with a V6 it's a damn nice highway cruiser! The 7 speed trany is smooth as silk when you let it do it's thing, and has a manual mode to it too.
It handles real nice with the Michelin tires which are 225/45 ZR17 front, 245/40 ZR17 rear, and for the most part it's real quiet, depending on road conditions.

Cruised at about 82mph in Idaho, MPH in Oregon and MPH in Washington. Saw a LOT of cops on the highway too. Power from the little V6 is more than adequate even climbing over the Blue Mountains and 45MPH and 50MPH curves are no problem at the 72mph I had the cruise set at.

Overall I was very impressed!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Yup! I loved my 280 SEL on the autobahn when stationed in Germany. It could pass just about anything except the repair shop! Hopefully your car will be better than mine was, it busted my GI budget more than once... :lol:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
My compliments karl, that is a sweet lookin ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts