Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the MAC cold Air Induct System will fit the Bullitt. Here is the link:

http://www.macprod.com/macstore/mustang/962000coldair.asp

If this is not the one, could anyone give me an advice on which is the correct one to buy? I've been searching around and a lot of the Air Intake system is for the regular GT with the stock throttle body.

Thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have the one from the MAF to the fender well if you want to buy it.. I will let it go cheap. It would not fit on my bullitt becouse I went with the PRO M 87 which is longer then the stock MAF and would not fit...
email me if you are intersted.

[email protected]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, Mid Life is right, we need the one from the MAF sensor. They don't make one that will fit over our dual bore throttle body yet. I have the one off the MAF on 4542 and it's great. Just to warn you though.... it was difficult to install. Helps if you have a jack...and a friend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Check out Stangnet.com 's Parts shopper they have a Bullitt/Cobra Specific MAC CAI, and it's cheap.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I installed the MAC cold air induction for my bullitt and it works great! Pain in the ass to install because the K&N filter has to be in the fender. The filter was too big to fit through hood hole...had to put it in from under fender. Sounds and feels a lot better.

·
Registered
243 Posts
J, do you have the scrapes going up your arm too???? :smile:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Had a MAC CAI on my '00 GT and that filter was a beeatch to mount. And to clean and "recharge" the filter you have have to do it all over again. I could not get to the filter without removing the front wheel and it was an all around pain. Definitely looking for an alternative. Waiting to hear from the Densecharger users as to how easy it is to mount/remove their air filter.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rob, the initial installation is about a 40 min. job. You DON'T have to pull the fender liner or wheel. To move or remove the K&N only takes about 15 min. after the initial installation. You can change the filter position and remove for cleaning with just a phillips screwdriver.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't see how putting the filter in the fender is that tough. I just put mine through the opening on the bottom front of the car, right below where the foglight should go. There's a nice big opening and there were no problems. Then again I was putting in a densecharger so i was just dealing with the air filter already attached to the tubing. is the trouble you all are having from the mac that you have to attach the filter to the tubing while it's all the way up in the fender?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts