Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a MAC o/r H pipe cause your car to ping?

I think it did on my car. MUS408, I think you thought it was just the natural sound of the pipe. Does anyone else suffer from what sounds like pinging after installing an o/r H? Is there any way to tell if the sound I hear is pinging or not? I did not hear this at all before I installed the H pipe.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Can't think of any reason for the H-pipe to cause pinging. Are you running the MILs? Plus,if the computer senses something is not right with no cats,it would pull back some timing. My car seems to run fine with the H-pipe. Try using some 93 octane,and see what happens. You will get a slight tinny sound from the larger,new 2 1/2 pipe,but this may quiet down as some carbon gets built up. Remember what new headers would sound like.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess you're right. I have 93 octane in it now, and I still have the same sound. I'll go back to 87 next tank. I also have MILs. The sound is only under hard excelleration. I guess its normal. Next (and last engine)mod is a PHP chip!

Thanks Mus408.

2001 DHG Bullitt GT #903
Mac O/R H Pipe, FRP Aluminum Driveshaft, Densecharger, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 35mm H&R Wheel Spacers, MGW stuff, FR500 Steering Wheel, ATS Sequential Tail Lights

69 Mustang 302 Convertible

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrSteed on 2001-11-23 20:24 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts