Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the mac off road h pipe installed today on the bullitt. I still have the stock mufflers on it. As far as I can tell, it sounds twice as loud as the stock system, and still retains that 'quiet at idle and loud at higher rpms' quality to it. We dont have emissions here in springfield so thats a plus! Here's some pics:

Out with the old:

New h-pipe ready to go with o2 sensors:

Installed:

Videos

I started it up with just the BBK downpipes (without h); I just basically ran open headers for the hell of it. The sound was so loud I was afraid to gas it over 2K rpm, it was already shaking my neighbor's windows and i didnt want to get the cops called. This thing was LOUD. This is outside the car:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/nitrous311/?action=view&current=DSCN0353.flv

Another open header vid inside the car. This would certainly sound good on 976 if it wasen't my daily driver:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/nitrous311/?action=view&current=DSCN0357.flv

Finally after the h-pipe was completely installed, I took it around the block for a test drive (and to make sure the SES light didn't come on). Sounded really good. TAKE A RIDE WITH ME :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tJitFjRP4OM

And at idle:

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/nitrous311/?action=view&current=DSCN0364.flv

Note that this is my first ever exhaust mod that I did myself so I was pretty stoked about it. Maybe its not as loud as some of the flomaster/borla setups, but it certainly surpassed my expectations for a midpipe and sounds pretty damn throaty!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
For me this is an awesome thread for more than just listening to your exhaust, which by the way sounds very nice. I leave Saturday to pick up #0005 and your in car video is the closest I have been to actually driving a Bullitt yet. Hearing your car just gets me more excited to go pick mine up. I'll be interested to see how your car compares to #0005 for sound. It has stock catback with magnaflow catted x-pipe. I plan on doing SLP lm1 when I get back, unless I like the stock exhaust more than I think I will. I like the old school snarl the SLP seems to give. Anyway-your car sounds great and thanks for the "sample drive" lol....John R
:cool:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iwant1 said:
For me this is an awesome thread for more than just listening to your exhaust, which by the way sounds very nice. I leave Saturday to pick up #0005 and your in car video is the closest I have been to actually driving a Bullitt yet. Hearing your car just gets me more excited to go pick mine up. I'll be interested to see how your car compares to #0005 for sound. It has stock catback with magnaflow catted x-pipe. I plan on doing SLP lm1 when I get back, unless I like the stock exhaust more than I think I will. I like the old school snarl the SLP seems to give. Anyway-your car sounds great and thanks for the "sample drive" lol....John R
:cool:
John first of all welcome to the boards (my fairly new here myself). Prepare thyself because saturday is going to be the greatest day of your life. Nothing like riding in a bullitt, its alot different than your stock gt (as you well know by now). Something about a bullitt that gives it that custom "fits like a glove" feeling. I sure have enjoyed mine in the 5 months that Ive had it, and each day i think i appreciate it a little more. I think you'll be very happy with any SLP exhaust, you pretty much cant go wrong. The magnaflow should sound similar if they use hi-flow cats. Look for a bit raspier sound with an x-pipe tho. Anyways thanks for the compliments, glad to help out a fellow bullitthead :cool:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Bullitt Brad said:
John first of all welcome to the boards (my fairly new here myself). Prepare thyself because saturday is going to be the greatest day of your life. Nothing like riding in a bullitt, its alot different than your stock gt (as you well know by now). Something about a bullitt that gives it that custom "fits like a glove" feeling. I sure have enjoyed mine in the 5 months that Ive had it, and each day i think i appreciate it a little more. I think you'll be very happy with any SLP exhaust, you pretty much cant go wrong. The magnaflow should sound similar if they use hi-flow cats. Look for a bit raspier sound with an x-pipe tho. Anyways thanks for the compliments, glad to help out a fellow bullitthead :cool:
This man speaks the truth. Only had my bullitt for a month and its been great. Mine came with Flowmasters and its loud. My neighbors hate me right now. Still have the stock mid pipe on so it sounds nothing like urs. Nice vid.

By the way the best mod I did was Full length subframs it made a world of difference besides the exhaust.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr.BULLITT said:
Best mod to date was my CAI, added 100+ whp and runs great :D
Haha well I think your CAI is a little more than just piping! Can you say, FORCED INDUCTION? Seriously tho, if a majority of us had the money, we'd all have vortech s-trim superchargers. You are one lucky bullitthead.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt Brad said:
Haha well I think your CAI is a little more than just piping! Can you say, FORCED INDUCTION? Seriously tho, if a majority of us had the money, we'd all have vortech s-trim superchargers. You are one lucky bullitthead.
lol nah i pulled a loan :D i just wanted it a little more :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr.BULLITT said:
lol nah i pulled a loan :D i just wanted it a little more :D
Well I've got to get the bullitt loan (5K) paid off before I can even think about a supercharger or another loan for that matter. Four years is a long time! But its comming tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts