Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the mach 1 deletes for my Bullitt online and there are acouple different kinds. there is a 3 piece a 2 piece and a 7 piece sets for these.:doubt: has anyone had any they have had issues with. the seven looks great but is it necessary or is the 3 the way to go. it just seems like the 2 i would be short on parts when i went to install..... Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
edtrae03130 said:
I was looking at the mach 1 deletes for my Bullitt online and there are acouple different kinds. there is a 3 piece a 2 piece and a 7 piece sets for these.:doubt: has anyone had any they have had issues with. the seven looks great but is it necessary or is the 3 the way to go. it just seems like the 2 i would be short on parts when i went to install..... Thanks
Ed
From my research, go with the 3. The 7 is the same as the 3, but they are counting the screws and such to come up with 7 total pieces. I used to have a site bookmarked that listed all of the parts and pieces required. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Ed,
Go with the 3 piece set.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your guidence. I will be checking out the 3 piece. is there anyone I should get it from. who is a imboc supporter. thanks again
Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,783 Posts
3 piece on e-bay is the cheapest best way to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
cheaper still was my po boy method. I had the delete on a previous stang...not a bad way. Alternatively I went to Lowes and got some vinyl mesh for guttering and zip tied it in with black ties through the holes left from the original corral. Any remaining holes are plugged with automotive grommets from Lowes. It doesn't look polished, but it does look raw and racy without looking shoddy which was my impression of the 68 anyway. It's been there for a year and I have had zero problems. Cost ~ $10.

·
Registered
618 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Stang37 said:
cheaper still was my po boy method. I had the delete on a previous stang...not a bad way. Alternatively I went to Lowes and got some vinyl mesh for guttering and zip tied it in with black ties through the holes left from the original corral. Any remaining holes are plugged with automotive grommets from Lowes. It doesn't look polished, but it does look raw and racy without looking shoddy which was my impression of the 68 anyway. It's been there for a year and I have had zero problems. Cost ~ $10.
You sound like me. :grin: I'd like to see a picture of it. I want to go to Lowes/Home Depot to get parts to make my own CAI. The plumbing dept looks like they have all I would need. :lol:

·
Registered
618 Posts
edtrae03130 said:
Thank you for your guidence. I will be checking out the 3 piece. is there anyone I should get it from. who is a imboc supporter. thanks again
Ed
I am happy with the one I got from here
http://www.americanmuscle.com/cdcgrelgt9.html. I have a few pics if you would like to see. Also, I uploaded some pics on the American Muscle Page too.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I tryed the lowes plumbing for a CAI. I could not get it to fit right so if you figure it out let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts