Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my '01 Bullitt about a month ago, so I'm still a little bit in mourning. I have been traveling a lot for business, and found a Mach 1 up in Colorado. I drove the Mach 1 back down to Houston, and noticed, that I could see a little bit of the foam from the roof when I looked at the car from the front. It looked pretty good on the inside, but it was just one of those things I knew would drive me crazy!

I called a body shop really close to the house, and they said, oh ya they could make it better. They said just bring it by, and we'll take a look. The guy said a couple of times that the fabric was going to just get worse, but I explained that I was pretty sure it wasn't the fabric coming away from the foam, so much as the foam coming away from the roof. He said not to worry, he could still fix it.

So, I came back to pick it up today. The front is about the same, except he had the fabric wrapped around the front, so you couldn't see foam. -And actually it looked a lot better. I could live with that. The problem was, the back now sags down. The back wasn't a problem at all before. He kept saying it's a factory problem, but I argued that it looked much better when I brought it in. He said to leave it with him, and he would make it look better.

I left it there again, and ran home to call the Ford Dealership. They put me in touch with an upholstery place (who is supposed to call me back any minute). The problem is, I'm now going to owe this guy for labor, and probably some fabric, and all he's given me is a headache and a big mess... Anyone have any idea how much a new headliner board with fabric + labor goes for?

I sure miss my Bullitt. The headliner was perfect at the front and back: tight up against the windshield.

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Too bad you're having problems getting this fixed. Hopefully the guy will get it fixed this time. If not you will probably have no choice except to go to the other guy and see what he can do for you. With any luck maybe he won't need to completely replace the headliner. All you can do is see what he says. Either way, you won't be happy until it's fixed right, so hang in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts