Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to work with Bob Wille, lead planner of Mustang Alley and Ford Motor Company employee working in the Advanced Products Group, to arrange a joint Bullitt-Mach 1 owners gathering in Mustang Alley at the Woodward Dream Cruise on Saturday, August 18, 2007.

Similar to previous years, I will also coordinate with Scott Hoag and the Mustang Racing Technologies staff to host an event for our groups on Friday, August 17.

Here is a communication from Bob regarding this year's Mustang Alley -

"Dear Mustang Alley Attendees-

Many of you have been emailing us asking about registration for the 2007 Mustang Alley on Dream Cruise Weekend (August 18, 2007)… I just thought I'd send you all a quick email to let you know what is up…

We expect to get the event website updated for this year's event over the next few weeks… After that we will 'turn on' the registration system for this year's event. (If you are getting this email, it is because you registered for the event last year)… You will need to re-register if you want to attend this year so we know to hold a spot for you.

This event keeps getting larger… Last year we registered 600 Mustangs, and had 435 Mustangs attend (in the rain). Since it will be sunny and warm this year, we are looking into finding more space for the event, possibly extending farther down 9mile… The website will be updated with all the new details of the event and we look forward to seeing you all again…

Event website is the same as last year: www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/

Thanks for you patience and enthusiasm for Mustang…

Bob Wille
Technical Expert
Advanced (Mustang) Product Creation
Ford Motor Company, Dearborn Michigan"

I welcome volunteers to provide coordination, planning, and execution support during the Woodward activities. This will be the fourth consecutive year of our groups joining to celebrate this fantastic weekend.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is the latest communication from Bob Wille of Ford regarding Mustang Alley -

"This email is to notify you that the registration for 2007 Mustang Alley is now open!

Please visit the event website at: http://www.motorcityterminators.org/mustangalley/ and click on the 'EVENT REGISTRATION' tab, and the drop down menu will appear, then hit the 'click to register' option.

Please provide your information to reserve you a spot in the August 18th 2007 Mustang Alley! Please carefully enter your email, as this will be used to contact you an send your registration confirmation. You then can check out all the other Mustangs currently registered for the event also under the 'EVENT REGISTRATION', by clicking the 'view registration listing' option, and also see your name there… Remember this just gets your name on the list, you only have pay at the gate when (and if) you arrive.

We make every attempt to keep you up to date with the event and will be posting new information on the website in the months leading up to the event. You will find all info you need on how to find the Mustang Alley, parking plans, schedule, etc… on the event website by looking under each of the tabs at the top of the webpage.

The parking plan on the website now, is the one from last year... Significant planning still needs to be done. This parking plan is just a placeholder and the final one will be updated by August 1, 2007 and posted on the website… The format will be the same as last year, however we will not be able to extend special parking arrangements by each and every club this year (only to Mustangs of similar types: Cobra, Bullitt, Mach's, ASC's, ROUSH's, etc…). We found last year that many clubs wanted special parking and it turned into a difficult logistic challenge to identify and park each Mustang club… My apologies now to all the clubs… We can handle parking by Type, that is much easier for the parking team… I will let you know if anything changes on this...

I also wanted to extend a special thanks to all of you who supported this event last year and contributed to 'Save the Mustangs'. Collectively we raised $5,800 for this charity which builds public awareness for the plight of America's wild horses and helps fund their adoption by non-profit sanctuaries. The US Department of the Interior's Bureau of Land Management runs a 'Take Pride in America' campaign, to which Save the Mustangs/Mustang Alley was nominated. A panel of judges scored nominations from 32 states, and we were selected to win the 'Outstanding Take Pride Supporter for 2006'. So thanks to your support, we have helped to preserve this true American Legend.

See you all in August!

Bob Wille
Mustang Alley Coordinator
Vehicle Architecture Technical Expert
Advanced (Mustang) Product Creation
Ford Motor Company, Dearborn Michigan"

I confirmed with Bob that his parking team will put all the Bullits together as in past years. Please post here when you register for Mustang Alley. As of today, there are 170 Mustangs registered!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I signed up... Never bothered to go to Woodward `cause it's nothing but mini-vanned grid lock as far as cruzin' goes, but a parking lot full of Mustangs has it's appeal. :toocool:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
We're talking 500-600 Mustangs or more! (A little more than a parking lot!) :wink: Expect chaos, parking gridlock, and a good time!

Here is the weather forecast for August 18, 2007, in SE Michigan :toocool:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
hey bill, it will be good to meet/see you there....by chance do you know how far kingsville ontario is from getting to mustang alley? I might stay with some friends attehrir house on friday and wondered about the drive .... what time best to leave how long etc... any bullittheads meeting up before and cruising there together?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
texasbullitt said:
how far kingsville ontario is from getting to mustang alley?
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uewLk7pjHQ%3d%3d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=ferndale&1s=mi&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=kingsville&2s=ON&2z=&r=f Not Bill here, but read the post and looked it up to satisfy my own curiosity. Also new Passport regulations are in this summer and you may need a passport, believe it or not. Might want to check that out.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
texasbullitt said:
hey bill, it will be good to meet/see you there....by chance do you know how far kingsville ontario is from getting to mustang alley? I might stay with some friends attehrir house on friday and wondered about the drive .... what time best to leave how long etc... any bullittheads meeting up before and cruising there together?
Keep this in mind: while the official cruise date is August 18, 2007, the "party" starts the prior Monday. Cruisers from around the world start arriving in town the prior weekend, and will cruise Woodward during the week, typically starting at 5pm or so and last into the night. Also note that the police will try and keep everyone moving up and down Woodward during the week.

It's about an hour's drive, roughly 43 miles from Kingsville, ON to Ferndale, MI. Plan to arrive at Mustang Alley no later than 6:30am EST. Bring a cooler, chairs, umbrella's for shade (can get mighty hot just sittin in the sun all day). Plan on parking in your spot you are given until at least until 4pm (possibly 6pm). At 6pm, Mustang Alley closes and your are free to cruise up and down Woodward Ave. Plan on a 16 mile long gridlock of classic cruisers (and that is just one side of the street!), the curious, and Mom's picking up their kids from practice! :lol: Also expect 1-2 million onlookers sitting along the 16 mile route! :eek:.

In prior years, Bullittheads have met up on the previous Friday night.

Here is the official web site: www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

Here is the official Woodward Ave. map (Mustang Alley is located at 9 Mile Road and Woodward (bottom of map):

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
13TH ANNUAL WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE
To be held on Saturday, August 18, 2007, the Woodward Dream Cruise, the world’s largest one-day celebration of car culture, attracts more than 1 million visitors and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles

The Woodward Dream Cruise celebrates the heydays of the ‘50s and ‘60s when Woodward Avenue was the heart and soul of cruising in the city that put America on wheels. Combined with music and fashions of the era, the Dream Cruise celebrates the nostalgia of bygone days in the cars that made them so special. The Woodward Dream Cruise is sponsored by a volunteer committee that coordinates the efforts of the nine host cities, the County of Oakland, media organizations, transportation authorities, corporations, small businesses and charities.

Woodward Avenue from Ferndale to Pontiac is lined on both sides with magnificent classic and custom automobiles. It's a 16-mile long car show that is educational, historic and fun for all ages. There is no charge to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise. The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world's largest one-day celebration of car culture that attracts over 1.7 million visitors, and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles.

Cruisers and spectators travel up and down a 16-mile stretch of legendary Woodward Avenue through the nine communities of Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Folks,

I am arranging for a potential host hotel for out-of-towners from the Mach 1 Registry and would like to make the offer here to IMBOC'ers. I am negotiating a group rate at the Doubletree Hilton Dearborn-Fairlane (used to be a Holiday Inn). This hotel has been used in the past for both clubs for the Ford 100 Celebration and previous Dream Cruises.

Would those out-of-towners needing accomodations please post here and indicate how many rooms, if interested?

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
Folks,

I am arranging for a potential host hotel for out-of-towners from the Mach 1 Registry and would like to make the offer here to IMBOC'ers. I am negotiating a group rate at the Doubletree Hilton Dearborn-Fairlane (used to be a Holiday Inn). This hotel has been used in the past for both clubs for the Ford 100 Celebration and previous Dream Cruises.

Would those out-of-towners needing accomodations please post here and indicate how many rooms, if interested?
hey tony , thanks
I will be coming in hopefully mid afternoon on friday and leaving sunday morning
so one room should be fine. now the decision is qwhat car tobring , the shelby or bullitt and i am heavily leaning towards the bullitt.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please see this thread about the MRT Open House (cookout) on Friday and the installation specials they are having.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts