Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. How do we get one of these into the Bullitt? :wink:

Mach 460 vs. new Mach 1000
(Source: Mustangworld.com member KatDiesel)
Here is a comparison of the Mach460(58M) vs the Mach1000(918)
systems. Directly off the dealer info sheet for 2002 Mustang.

Mach 460 w/in dash 6-CD
230 watts RMS (460 watts peak)
60 watt parametrically equalized amplifier
85 watt subwoofer amplifier(2)
5.5 x 7.5 subwoofer speakers(4)
2.5" midranger/tweeters(4)
Integrated Clock
Customer Interface
-Rotary on/off volume control
-vehicle speed sensitive volume control
-18 memory presets (6 AM, 12 FM)
-Auto station set
-Hall effect (DSP mode) (eg -news, jazz, hall, church, and
stadium) available
-Occupancy modes (DSP button) - All seat, driver seat, rear seat
-Radio Data System (RDS) available
-Compact Disc
-6 Disc in dash cd changer
-Three second anti skip memory buffer on CD
-Random shuffle (all discs)
-Random Shuffle (one disc)
-Direct disc access via auto presets

Mach 1000 w/in dash 6-CD
570 watts RMS (1140 watts peak power)
60 watt parametrically equalized amplifier
85 watt subwoofer amplifiers(6)
5.5 x 7.5 subwoofer speakers(4)
2.5" midrange/tweeters(4)
10" trunk mounted acoustic suspension subwoofer enclosures(2)
Integrated Clock
Customer Interface
-Rotary on/off volume control
-vehicle speed sensitive volume control
-18 memory presets (6 AM, 12 FM)
-Auto station set
-Hall effect (DSP mode) (eg -news, jazz, hall, church, and
stadium) available
-Occupancy modes (DSP button) - All seat, driver seat, Mach1000
-"Mach" button for enhanced low frequency response
-Radio Data System (RDS) available
-Compact Disc
-6 Disc in dash cd changer
-Three second anti skip memory buffer on CD
-Random shuffle (all discs)
-Random Shuffle (one disc)
-Direct disc access via auto presets

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Cool... Althought I have to admit, I rarely have the Radio on... :smile:

It just can't match up to that exhaust note (IMHO).

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the most intriguing thing about that entire system is it's ablity to play MP3's natively. Now THAT'S worth having. However I do have to agree with you.. That exhaust is soooooo sweet. :smile:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
No way!??! I didn't realize that one!

Yeah, I do want the ability to play MP3s (I was actually considering an add-on to do just that).

Okay, like you said, I wonder how do we get one of these!!? :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wonder if it would be possible to add just the Mach 1000 deck? I have the subs covered. 2 12" BA Pro's. I would LOVE the ability to play MP3's. You can fit an average of 100 to 150 MP3's on a cdr...that would make at minimum 600 songs in a single load!!! By the time you got done with the whole set the ones on the first cd's wouldn't be boring anymore. You would NEVER have to change cd's again. I have almost my whole cd collection on MP3....that option would be awesome.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Mach 1000 can't play mp3s. That's the other stereo option from Ford. The AM/FM Stereo CD/MP3 w/Clock -- only available on the Deluxe 130A package. Not the Premium 140A package.

So basically the 130A (Deluxe) can get the Mach 460 or the mp3 system.

And the 140A (Premium) can get the Mach 460 or Mach 1000.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Actually, the 460 can play MP3's. Finally figured out how to burn MP3 cds and they work great in the 460. So, I figure the 1000 should be able to as well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> Actually, the 460 can play MP3's. Finally figured out how to burn MP3 cds and they work great in the 460. So, I figure the 1000 should be able to as well.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you navigate directories (with the 460), or do you have to put all x00 mp3's in the root directory? This is a dream come true!

Joe

Dark Highland Green #1934
Bone Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-10-07 18:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
121 Posts
I put an mp3 cdr in the player tonight and it read cd-rom and spit it out. It plays regular .wav burns just fine, of course.

If someone has figured out how to burn and play mp3s in the Mach 460, please post the details. I don't think it has this capability... please, I hope you can prove me wrong.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm also interested in the cost to retrofit a Mach 1000 into a 460 equipped Bullitt. The price for the option on an '02 GT is over $1,000 so I'm thinking it's not worth that much cash.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think it is interesting that the Mach 460 description above shows the speed sensitive volume knob, when it is not enabled on ours. I read another post that said a stereo shop had to add something in order to turn that feature on. If it is in the description from Ford, shouldn't they have to enable it for us? :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I also like listening to the exhaust note so I'm not concerned with the better stereo. I have the speed volume in my '02 Mountaineer and it works in that vehicle. I don't think much of it and turned it back off. When I had the stereo loud and slowed down the stereo went too low. If you turn the speed volume up when standing still and accelerate the voulume goes way to high even set at 1.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts