Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd player seams to have problems reading burnt and copied cd's.

It skips tracks and when the song does play, it misses every other second of music.

A normal cd works just fine, but a copied one doesn't.

Anyone else with this problem, even a remedy??

Should I see if the dealership can get me a new one on warranty to see if that fixes the problem?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-14 01:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have run a bunch of CD's I have burned, some with labels on them and some without and 2 different brands of CD. SO far, all have played perfectly.

Brian

·
Registered
208 Posts
I haven't had any issues with burnt CD's either. All seem to play and sound like a store bought CD.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just a heads up...not all cd players have the ability to read a homemade cd. It may also be the reflectivity of the the copied cd. Try using a different kind...you may find one that works well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have had no problems with burnt CD's either. I suggest changing the brand of CD-R first.... eliminate the basics, then take it to the dealer. Either way, something isn't right.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just a personal preference note: I use Verbatim Datalife Plus and have never had one that wouldn't read due to the media. I've had bad iso files and such, but never anything attributable to the disk itself.

If you can't find Datalife Plus, see if you can get the store to let you see the under-side (data side) of the disks you're looking at. If it's a light or pale color, skip it. Look for dark green or dark blue. Dark like our cars. :smile:

If you're with Sam's club, they sell a 50-pack of colored ones in thin cases for a good price. DON'T buy the Valulife 100-pack spindle. Those suckers are weak.
Anybody know where to find a 100-pack spindle of the Datalife Plus? The cases are nice, but most of my stuff goes into a CD binder.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
verbatim datalife plus is what i have the 12xspeed 50pack. they are the best cd's i can get here they work fine in everything else just not the mach460

i will take it back to the dealership

·
Registered
586 Posts
It's the CD-R's. I've been into this a lot lately and you should try a bunch of other CD-R brands before you consider letting the dealership goons drag your beloved Bullitt through the "Quality is Job None" department.

A recording industry brand of CD-R's is Mitsui and you can get them anywhere in the world - shipped to your door. Go to:
http://www.american-digital.com/prodsite/category.asp?c=51

·
Registered
134 Posts
try using different brand disc or try different software...but it's probably the type of disc you use. I use Memorex 700mb discs and easy cd creator 5 software...never had a problem with any discs on any players.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I concur. Switch CD-R's. Also, don't burn audio CD's at your burner's fastest speed. This can lead to corruption. I have one that won't play in the car because of this. Stay at 2x or 4x.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm sorry, this is going to be OFF THE SUBJECT, but I'm needing info on a CD burner. I want one, hubby says it's OK if I want to get it but he doesn't advise it. Three guys he works with had them and all three had troubles with them (in their hard drives). Two had ruined hard drives from it. WHAT is a good one to get? Do they make them that do NOT install in the hard drive tower? I would like to get one so I can burn CD's from downloaded music so I'm thinking....one that goes into my harddrive would be the only kind to do this with, correct?

Keep in mind...I don't know a thing about CD burners, just what I've read on here and heard from hubby! ANY help would be appreciated. You can PM me or e-mail me too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dona, here is the scoop on CD burners. The units have a limited life expectancy due to the high temperatures they achieve during the burning process. The best burners last an average of 150 burns. While at first glance, investing in such a thing may seem like a waste of money, but they are extremely useful. What I did was buy mine from Best Buy for $149 (TDK VeloCD 24x), and added the $39 4-year extended warranty. I never buy extended warranties, but in this case the math works out in your favor, because if your unit dies, they replace it for free. If you burn alot of CD's, this is the smart way to go.

DHG #3737
K&N Filtercharger
MGW Bits and Pieces, Silver Bullitt Valve Stems

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2002-01-12 07:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dona,

Go to pcworld.com they rate the burners for you. Hp makes a fine one that we use in our office.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for your help guys! I'm checking into the burners now!

Bubbles

·
Registered
229 Posts
You never said if they were just CD-Rs, or CD-RWs. If they're CD-RWs, that would be your problem. They're notorious for not being compatible with audio equipment.

But if it is just a CD-R, then I agree with everyone else--get a different brand CDR. Some tech guys at my brother's work did some CDR tests, and they said Imation were the best. But I have also used Memorex, and even some cheapo circuit city ones with nary a problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts