Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always read the threads about everyone's problems with the 460 stereo, but I never really understood the frequency of the problems until Friday..... Mine has been working flawlessly until the drive home from school on Friday. It started spitting CD's out, then sucking them back in. Then the radio just started changing stations on its own, then it went, "WWWWWWHHHHHOOOO!" And just died, nothing. So I began my 12 hour mission to switch it out with a aftermarket unit. I wonder how retail stores like Best Buy and CarToys select their installation people. These have been some of the most unhelpful people I have ever encountered. I tried every wiring kit they could throw at me but none of them worked. But like any Mustang owner, I wasn't going to give up until the damn thing worked. I finally figured out a wiring configuration that when I turned the key the auto gods smiled upon me and it works perfectly. So as any male will do, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I then added a couple of 12 inch subs and an amp. Boy the :dhg01: rocks now!!!! I am one a happy B owner. :cool:

·
Car Whisperer
21,384 Posts
nice. I was going to suggest Crutchfield for the proper wiring harness but sounds like you got it figured out. Hate to say it, but your description of the way the radio went out was kinda funny!!!! Sounds like it was possessed!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts