Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need some help please, I am new to this site and I have a new Bullitt (#2126 Black) is just under 41 days old. I want to replace the Mach 460 sound system, but I was told that I would need to replace all of the speakers and install a new amp. I really do not like the Mach 460. It comes with an in dash 6 CD stacker, but it is very boring looking. I found a unit that is really cool and kind of looks like the custom shift ring around the shift knob. I will add a link to the unit. http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-Otq68t3RZRe/prodpic.asp?pp=28972&i=113KDCX717&o=M&a=1&s=0&display=L

However, I do not want to take away too much from the stock look and have to rip out the old system. Does any one know if I do deiced to do this if it will greatly affect the value of my car in the future? I also want to install an alarm system that is not passive. I have already tinted the 3 rear windows. Please give me some advice. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OCIRISZUES on 2001-10-03 19:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
71 Posts
From a guy that has installed a lot of stereos in his cars heres my advice. The Ford unit may be boring looking but I guarntee that the Kenwood will look like crap in its place. Heres why...

The F-150 I had had the same size radio in it that the mustang has. Whe you take ou the Ford radio you have to put in a reallly crappy looking mounting kit in its place. The radio will never sit right in the dash and people will notice it more.

I had a really high end stereo in my truck. $1000 Clarion deck, Phoenix Gold amps etc. The Mack 460 is much better because it is tuned for the Mustang. The stereo you put in will not and will never sound as good unless you spend alot of time and money.

The deck in the Mach 460 is actualy really really good. You would probably need to spend about $800 to get the same quality.It has DSP and whole bunch of other stuff. I think that you would miss the 6 disk in dash changer. The only thing I am going to do is put a Bazooka tube in the trunk. One with its own amp and get the signal off of the amp in the car.

My former high end stereo is sitting in the closet right now beacuse the stang has such a good sound. And there it is going to sit.

I not sure but I think that all of the stuff in the car is made by JBL any ways and the deck is probably made by Pioneer. The first one that came out in 2000 in the Explorers said Pioneer right on the face and looked exactly the same. I think they were silver...

I were you I would just add a self powered Bazooka tube, probably a 8". :-B You will be surprized at the difference this will make. :smile:

And for gods sake don't put the Kenwood in because it will make the cars dask look really bad. :sad:

If you really insist there is no reason that you could use the amps and the speakers that are already in the car. Its just a bunch of wiring. :smile:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
You're wasting your money if you buy an alarm. The factory alarm is undefeatable unless the car is towed away. If you're worried about that I'd reccommend a Lojac type system. The car can't be stolen without the key. The Ford anti-theft system has over a million combinations and the code changes every time you start the car. There's a small transmitter in the key.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I also had a well hidden kill switch installed for $30 bucks at a local stereo/alarm shop for extra measure.

John

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like aftermarket decks myself. There's a clarion that plays mp3's and is a chrome/aluminum color that I think would look nice in the interior. As far as mounting kits, I agree somewhat. I'd have to put another something else under the clarion to fill the hole. I can't stand blank panels. Maybe a signal processor or something. It's all personal preference...I've put aftermarket decks in 4 cars in a row and loved them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts